Author Topic: Chan's Chinese challenge  (Read 4173 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Chan's Chinese challenge
« on: Thursday, 13 February, 2014 @ 14:32:08 »
Jackie Chan interview: 'They served me shark fin soup and I said no way'
He has karate-chopped some of cinema's most fiendish adversaries in his 40-year film career. And now Jackie Chan is taking on his toughest challenge yet: changing the mindset of a billion Chinese citizens

As a child, Jackie Chan was convinced that traditional remedies would turn him into a kung fu master – tiger bone oil would cure bruises, shark fin soup would make his skin tough and supple, rhino horn would cure cancer. As an adult, Chan has become China's most famous actor – a martial arts all-action hero, who is unique in charming both Hollywood and Beijing.

But instead of crediting traditional remedies for his success, the 58-year-old is now dedicating himself to changing Chinese attitudes towards wildlife, in an attempt to convince fellow Asians to stop buying ivory, rhino horn and other products produced from endangered animals. And he's starting right at the top.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10635496/Jackie-Chan-interview-They-served-me-shark-fin-soup-and-I-said-no-way.html

Offline acebinbabe

• Bronze Medalist
Re: Chan's Chinese challenge
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 13 February, 2014 @ 18:06:01 »
Great video, :btu: lets hope people take notice  :nai: