Author Topic: 28/03/21  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
28/03/21
« on: Sunday, 28 March, 2021 @ 00:16:43 »
Every Major Western Leader in the World– Except One– Sent Congratulatory Greetings to Greece
https://www.pappaspost.com/every-major-western-leader-in-the-world-except-one-sent-congratulatory-greetings-to-greece/

Germany - want to flog some of their submarines to Turkey.

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 28/03/21
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 28 March, 2021 @ 00:18:26 »
Five new cases of coronavirus confirmed on Kefalonia by EODY on Saturday.

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 28 March, 2021 @ 00:21:47 »

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 28 March, 2021 @ 07:40:18 »
The Death of the Kaiki, Greece’s Traditional Fishing Boat
https://greekreporter.com/2021/03/28/death-kaiki-greece-traditional-fishing-boat/

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 28 March, 2021 @ 20:29:40 »
Most Britons have given up hope of holiday abroad in 2021

More than two-thirds of people – 68% – have not booked any summer holiday this year, and most of those who have fear they may have to cancel or rearrange, according to the latest Opinium poll for the Observer.

The message that “we’re not going on a summer holiday” this year rings out loudly from the survey, which suggests the vast majority of people have reconciled themselves to either staying put at home, or taking some limited form of break in the UK.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/28/most-britons-have-given-up-hope-of-holiday-abroad-in-2021

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 28 March, 2021 @ 20:36:04 »
British ex-pats leaving Spain to avoid illegal immigrant status after Brexit

A sunny life in Spain has been turned on its head for many British nationals, who must return to the UK due to new post-Brexit regulations.

Those who do not want to apply for Spanish resident status must return home to Britain, as EU freedom of movement laws no longer apply.

If a Brit wishes to forego legal registration, or is rejected, they must leave Spain by 31 March or they will be deemed an illegal immigrant, with the potential risk of deportation.

Spanish police reportedly expect to begin deportation action for up to 500 British citizens within the first week.

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU in 2016, told Global247News: “Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this, my application has been rejected and we are on our way home – the wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK."
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/british-spain-brexit-resident-status-b1823540.html

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, 28 March, 2021 @ 20:50:09 »
EODY today confirmed four new cases of coronavirus on Kefalonia.

Argostoli Municipality will be conducting free rapid tests between 09:30-14:00 tomorrow, Monday, 29 March, on Antoniou Tritsi Avenue in front of the municipal market buildings next to the greengrocer "Pollatos", in Argostoli.

Residents wishing to take the test must have their AMKA number and police ID or passport with them and provide a contact 'phone number for notification of any positive result. Citizens should send an sms with the number 1 to 13033 to legitimise travel. Facial covering and social distancing required at the test centre.

Offline Bryan-in-Kilkis

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, 28 March, 2021 @ 21:12:16 »
British ex-pats leaving Spain to avoid illegal immigrant status after Brexit

A sunny life in Spain has been turned on its head for many British nationals, who must return to the UK due to new post-Brexit regulations.

Those who do not want to apply for Spanish resident status must return home to Britain, as EU freedom of movement laws no longer apply.

If a Brit wishes to forego legal registration, or is rejected, they must leave Spain by 31 March or they will be deemed an illegal immigrant, with the potential risk of deportation.

Spanish police reportedly expect to begin deportation action for up to 500 British citizens within the first week.

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU in 2016, told Global247News: “Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this, my application has been rejected and we are on our way home – the wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK."
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/british-spain-brexit-resident-status-b1823540.html

Is his middle name Charlie?  :lol: