Author Topic: 'owling success?  (Read 10500 times)

Offline Mary

• Forum Hero
'owling success?
« on: Wednesday, 25 February, 2015 @ 13:51:20 »
Following on from the cereal, cat and dog cafes... an owl-themed cocktail bar is set to open in London.

A pop-up open in Soho between March 19 and 25, Annie the Owl will allow patrons to do what they have always dreamed of – sip cocktails whilst petting live owls.

Tickets will cost £20 and be sold via a ballot, with profits going to The Barn Owl Centre charity.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/owl-bar-is-londons-latest-just-one-thing-hip-bar-10067034.html

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
Re: 'owling success?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 25 February, 2015 @ 14:25:09 »
Sounds a right hoot!

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 25 February, 2015 @ 18:45:30 »

Offline Misty

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 26 February, 2015 @ 00:57:24 »
Maybe they should open one in Old Compton Street with a Cockatoo instead

Offline Mary

• Forum Hero
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 26 February, 2015 @ 12:20:11 »
What can I say!?! You could try the Admiral Duncan - but you may have to settle for petting a pussy cat.

;)

Offline Mary

• Forum Hero
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 26 February, 2015 @ 13:01:17 »
Er, don't offer to 'go Dutch'

It is named after Admiral Adam Duncan, who defeated the Dutch fleet at the Battle of Camperdown in 1797
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Admiral_Duncan

Residents in the northern Dutch town of Purmerend have been advised to take umbrellas out at night after a spate of attacks by an owl.

Dozens of residents have suffered head injuries over the past three weeks at the claws of the rogue European eagle owl.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31628508

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Monday, 02 March, 2015 @ 02:31:31 »
Why London's first owl bar could be shut down before it even opens

Although the birds have been trained to be around people and the owners say that all possible measures have been taken to ensure their welfare, animal rights campaigners say the event is cruel... and the Barn Owl Centre charity, which was initially supposed to benefit from ticket sales, has withdrawn its support.
http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/why-londons-first-owl-bar-could-be-shut-down-before-it-even-opens--xk1JDfb4Tg

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #7 on: Monday, 02 March, 2015 @ 13:16:13 »
They should be had up before the beak!  :lol:   Sorry - I wasn't going to do any of them but it just came over me!

Tony

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #8 on: Monday, 02 March, 2015 @ 19:45:55 »
They should be had up before the beak!  :lol:

...they could end up doing some bird 

Offline Bluenose

• Forum Deity
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, 03 March, 2015 @ 08:13:36 »
That's true if your an adult but if your a MYNAH it don't count. It all depends where you are in the pecking order ! (Sorry it's been a long night )

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, 03 March, 2015 @ 15:04:07 »
I know it's my fault for restarting this but the larking about needs to stop now.   Just parroting all these boring bird puns is getting on my t*ts.  I realise some of you must think I'm cuckoo or even a bit of a booby, ducking the issue, burying my head in the sand, just swanning around.  Some may even want to get the legal eagles on to me, but be warned two can play at that game!  So cut out the huffin and puffin and quit ruffling my feathers!

Albert Ross

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, 03 March, 2015 @ 16:36:32 »
I'll be swift as I don't mean to snipe, I hope I haven't bittern off more than I can chew and, with a little r-egret, I have to ask if you two old coots didn't swallow a nightjar or two? Eider down one if I were you, in case this isn't very pheasant. Let osprey it doesn't get ruff, but if it does I'll ruddy duck.

I don't want to carrion about it, or pour petrel on the flames, but I thought people would be chough-ed, terns out some have a grouse. Surely knot!

So that's my little stint done, heron in I'll buzzard off and find a new hobby... but what? Robin banks or looking for a shag? I'd ask the missus but I don't want to harrier.

Just having a lark  ;)

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, 03 March, 2015 @ 22:05:09 »
 :pml: :btu:

Tony