Author Topic: Kefalonian Beer - New  (Read 6504 times)

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
Kefalonian Beer - New
« on: Monday, 20 April, 2015 @ 16:37:45 »
Ready to make its appearance will be in a few days the first Kefaloinian beer! Fresh and local, the Kefalonian Beer, as it is called, is the great challenge of three new Kefalonians who decided to invest in the island.

The Kefalonian Beer will be produced in Sami. Creators and initiators are three young people. John POLYCHRONIOU, o and o Nikos Moraitis Kyriakos.

http://www.inkefalonia.gr/koinonia/31406-droseri-kai-kefalonitikierxetai-sta-potiria-sas-i-kefalonian-beer

Offline Jolly Roger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Deity
Re: Kefalonian Beer - New
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 20 April, 2015 @ 17:13:08 »
Ready to make its appearance will be in a few days the first Kefaloinian beer! Fresh and local, the Kefalonian Beer, as it is called, is the great challenge of three new Kefalonians who decided to invest in the island.

The Kefalonian Beer will be produced in Sami. Creators and initiators are three young people. John POLYCHRONIOU, o and o Nikos Moraitis Kyriakos.

http://www.inkefalonia.gr/koinonia/31406-droseri-kai-kefalonitikierxetai-sta-potiria-sas-i-kefalonian-beer

Can't wait to try this and compare it with my own brew. Called Diabolo, it is a dark malty Belgian beer.

Offline expat

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Monday, 20 April, 2015 @ 17:41:26 »
I hope the beer is better than the website!
beer in English
But I am willing to give it a try :yiamas:
« Last Edit: Monday, 20 April, 2015 @ 17:43:01 by expat »

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Monday, 20 April, 2015 @ 18:44:11 »
I thought this new beer might be of interest, and a bit of free publicity good for the brewery, so I emailed these guys a while ago to see if I could go and take some pics for GGi. Doesn't look like they're going to reply.

No worries, I'm a wine drinker anyway

:yiamas:

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Monday, 20 April, 2015 @ 20:38:57 »
Looks very promising - but it will all be in the taste!  They are advertising it as a "microbrewery" and it's in Karavomilos, near Sami.  There will be brewery tours and a "tasting room" - just like home!  But nothing seems operational... yet!

Your brew sounds pretty tempting, too, Roger!!  You little diavolo!  ;)

Tony