Author Topic: Required Covid tests  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Karavados

• Participant
Required Covid tests
« on: Sunday, 11 April, 2021 @ 14:43:42 »

Hi
    As far as I understand ... The UK government will require tourists to provide negative test results before being allowed to fly back to the UK from Kefalonia, in May , June, etc this year 2021.

Can anyone tell me ... Where on Kefalonia can I get the required tests ? Is there some private medical company providing the tests ? within the required time period before going to airport to get the return to UK flight ?

many thanks

Offline HiFi

• Forum Deity
Re: Required Covid tests
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 11 April, 2021 @ 15:24:56 »
There are a number in Argostoli and the Greek government has capped their cost at 60 euro.....This is one just as an example and not a specific recommendation....https://www.bioanalysislaboratory.gr/el/ergastirio-argostoliou/?fbclid=IwAR3mJep-4LfpU4DRoAADLe_rH1Wa6q__uebx74MFWvK04SwvhqhDRoFfg9w.
« Last Edit: Sunday, 11 April, 2021 @ 15:34:57 by HiFi »

Offline Karavados

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 11 April, 2021 @ 17:13:44 »
  Many thanks for your helpful reply.

Keep safe and hopefully we'll have an almost-normal summer.

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 11 April, 2021 @ 20:07:25 »
re. Capped Covid Test costs

Can anyone confirm this is for visitors as well as residents?
Back of my mind is seeing this subject a couple of months ago, with the proviso it was €60 for Greeks, but TBA for foreigners

Obviously there'll be a vested interest in making the islands accessible and viable (and top of the list for that, is getting everyone vaccinated)
There's also plenty of time for things to change either way, but fingers crossed.

Offline HiFi

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Monday, 12 April, 2021 @ 05:48:04 »
It is capped for everyone and the government was trying to spread the word to ensure tourists aren't charged more.

Offline Karavados

• Participant
« Reply #5 on: Friday, 03 September, 2021 @ 19:25:19 »

Hi,
I'm hoping to get to Kefalonia in October ( 2021 ) for some holiday time, but I have heard that there will be new covid-19 controls on people entering Tavernas, etc, starting on October.

How do those new controls impact UK based tourists ? I am fully covid-19 vaccinated and have an NHS cert.

Will that English paper document work in Kefalonia in October ?

Do I need to have some EU or Greek cert on a smart-phone ?

Let me know,
Thanks

Offline HiFi

• Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Friday, 03 September, 2021 @ 20:09:49 »
If you are fully vaccinated, the covid pass you will use to enter Greece will be the same pass you will use to eat and drink indoors at bars / tavernas / restaurants.