Author Topic: McDonalds and the way forward..  (Read 3599 times)

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
McDonalds and the way forward..
« on: Sunday, 25 October, 2015 @ 13:49:59 »
Stood in a queue at McDonalds (don't ask....but it includes a grandaughter) I watch incredulous, as the chap in front of me reaches the point of paying, and starts tapping away at the card reader with his mobile phone. Looking just like a stonemason tapping away at a headstone, he murmured "it's enn eff cee, innit" - I politely suggested it didn't look like it was going to work.

So, he gets out his wallet, extracts a credit card, and proceeds to mimic the infamous butterfly flapping it's wings in the Amazon, gently touching the card against the card reader in all manner of angles and positions - I politely suggested putting the card into the slot might be a good option

"I shouldn't have to, it's Enn Eff Cee - it's the way forward, innit mate?"

"It's far from the way forward from where I'm stood" I thought, more like  "static, queued and waiting behind an idiot" hoping that sentence had actually stayed in my head.

Seriously. What's the point of NFC if you have to get the card out of your wallet (to ensure the right card gets used) in the first place? Just how difficult is it to use a credit card AND a PIN??
« Last Edit: Sunday, 25 October, 2015 @ 13:52:06 by TonyD »

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: McDonalds and the way forward..
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 25 October, 2015 @ 14:25:25 »
NFC?  :hmm: No F***in' Connectivity?

Had to google it - What is NFC? Everything you need to know

Sometimes ignorance is bliss