The Agora > Kefalonia News

Items to be carried in your car

<< < (2/3) > >>

TonyD:
How much is the fine?

HiFi:
I think it is 50E per item - half price if paid in 10 days. Very difficult to get the same answer from two different police officers or two different google searches! A first aid kit, one jacket and a triangle costs a total of around 15E.

HiFi:
Am reliably informed it's 80E per item, not 50. Service stations seem to be socking up again on all items. E.g. Shell opposite the bridge in Argostoli has a set of triangle, jacket, first aid kit & extinguisher for @ 30E......

TonyD:
As a short gap measure, might a crisp €50 wrapped around my licence suffice, do you think?

Jolly Roger:

--- Quote from: HiFi on Friday, 09 March, 2018 @ 14:28:10 ---Sifitas have just taken delivery of car first aid kits, warning triangles and fluorescent sleeveless tops after the police have been fining motorists in recent days for non possession.

--- End quote ---

Also a fire extinguisher should be included, probably dated within 5 years. There is no explanation of what is required in the first aid kit, but should be common sense. Having a torch is a new one I hadn't heard of, suggested by HiFi, but would be sensible I suppose.
Another report suggested that tyre pressures are being checked!
Carrying these items has been law for some years now and we have always carried them. When I took the car for a test in January, I could see the examiner struggling to open the car boot, which had a faulty lock. He didn't manage to get in, but I can only imagine he wanted to check if these items were carried.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version