Author Topic: This year's tax returns - AMKA number  (Read 6086 times)

Offline HiFi

• Forum Deity
This year's tax returns - AMKA number
« on: Monday, 11 May, 2015 @ 19:33:39 »
I understand (from my accountant) that this year, everyone who is submitting their tax return (for last year) must have a social security (AMKA) number. Available free from your KEP office with your passport and your tax number (AFM).

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
Re: This year's tax returns - AMKA number
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 11 May, 2015 @ 20:17:30 »
I understand (from my accountant) that this year, everyone who is submitting their tax return (for last year) must have a social security (AMKA) number. Available free from your KEP office with your passport and your tax number (AFM).

Yes, I've just had to get mine because my accountant said it was a requirement for submitting last year's tax return. Why it is required nobody seems  to know. Anyway, it is a 11 digit number  with the first six digits being your date of birth i.e. DDMMYY followed by a random 5 digit number.  Oh well, I expect that next year your shoe size will be required.

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 12 May, 2015 @ 22:30:40 »
Presumably it's to make it easier to track people through the system and possibly even detect fraud.  Amazed it doesn't exist already.  Obviously we have the NI number that does the job of both. 

Tony

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 13 May, 2015 @ 15:11:06 »
Amazed it doesn't exist already.

It does! Had ours for several years, not sure what it's for or why some people have it already and some don't. We got it, present it when required, that's it.
 :dunno:

Offline HiFi

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, 13 May, 2015 @ 17:31:06 »
If you've worked (legally), you'll have an AMKA number. If you've not "worked" in Greece, you won't. But now you need to get one for the tax return.