Author Topic: The word on the street.  (Read 5881 times)

Offline Bluenose

• Forum Deity
The word on the street.
« on: Thursday, 16 July, 2015 @ 13:19:56 »
As someone with an ear to the ground Maik wots the general vibe around the place ? Fuel,supermarkets still ok. I presume the locals are at their wits end and wandered if it has maybe filtered through to visitors? Anyone with even a swinging brick should feel something for these people !

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: The word on the street.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 16 July, 2015 @ 13:41:55 »
To be honest, I try not to get too deep into discussions about it as some people are passionately in favour of accepting 'The Agreement' and some are very passionately against it. And some are very passionately for and very passionately against it, depending on what time of day you talk to them listen to them
:iroll:

No-one knows what's going to happen and, as usual, everyone's as busy as they can be making money while they can.

Some tourists ask about the situation, and some tell us how they'd sort it out, but mostly tourists are just getting on with their holidays as normal.

Sun is still shining, sky and sea still beautifully blue, ATMS working OK, petrol stations have petrol, tavernas still offering the usual good selection of dishes, bars have beer, helped the local wine producers last night and bought some McVities choccie digestives this morning 
:)

Offline Bluenose

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 16 July, 2015 @ 16:34:45 »
Excellent. Well done Mr Bunter ! Your contribution to help ease the crisis has been duly noted. Keep it up !

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Friday, 17 July, 2015 @ 17:52:53 »
We got back from 2 weeks in Paxos on Monday.  Wouldn't have noticed anything amiss.  All supplies inc petrol as normal - ATMs too far from where we were bother with so took €€ as usual.  The old school house was used for voting in the referendum but seeing as the resident population is about 50 it didn't look too busy - looked strikingly empty.

It's exactly as Mike described.  Sunny, hot and all the usual folks working hard to earn a crust.  Spoke to one Greek guy about the referendum and by Sunday lunch he hadn't decided whether to vote or not.  Basically he reckoned whatever he voted Greece would be in the thick stuff.  Seemed about right to me.  Sense of controlled anger though - also seemed right to me!

Tony