Author Topic: Jobs for dogs  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Jobs for dogs
« on: Thursday, 14 July, 2016 @ 14:38:47 »
Greece to recruit man’s best friend to sniff out tax dodgers

Greece will be recruiting dogs to sniff out potential tax dodgers trying to take cash out of the crisis hit country, where mass bank withdrawals prompted capital controls last year.
http://www.ekathimerini.com/210430/article/ekathimerini/business/greece-to-recruit-mans-best-friend-to-sniff-out-tax-dodgers

:lol:

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
Re: Jobs for dogs
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 15 July, 2016 @ 18:41:25 »
Does that mean that people will be putting bones in their "little envelopes"?!

;)

Tony

Offline Gill

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 15 July, 2016 @ 20:27:27 »
Where are the interviews being held?
At ARK we've got over 300 to apply for the positions - the rest are either too young or too greedy! :nai:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 19 July, 2016 @ 14:30:49 »
...the Finance Ministry said it would be putting together a team to assess tenders for the provision of dogs tasked with detecting cash.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-eurozone-greece-dogs-idUSKCN0ZT2H4

...could be more a case of jobs for the boys rather than jobs for dogs.

Newspaper Proto Thema wrote Wednesday: “This is hardly a reassuring indication that capital controls will ease or be lifted altogether anytime soon.

“Quite the contrary if you factor in the time needed to train the dogs to sniff out euro bills.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/greece-recruits-prey-and-defence-driven-sniffer-dogs-to-help-uncover-concealed-cash-and-slow-banking-crisis_uk_5787a3d7e4b0daae46fb617b

The good news is that the dogs don't have to be pedigrees... if it's a case of sniffing out money, might be quicker to employ footballers' wives?

For those of you with hidden millions...

My dear friends

Allow me to introduce myslf. My name is Joshua Achike, I am the nephew of renowned emiterus professor of Chemistry at Lagos University, Isaac Muggabe. My esteemed uncle has patented a unique spray coating for bank notes that will render them undetectable to snifer dogs. Simply spray and stash away!

Note: each spray is prepared fresh to order and must be applied within thirty minutes of reciept, therefore we suggest you have the spray shipped direct to the address where the money is kept. Just tell us how many thousands of notes you have hidden away and we will make them disappear!

Simply send us your address and 100€ for each 1000€ in notes you want to 'disappear' to I. Muggabe, 4 P. Kanellopoulou St., GR-101 77, Athens, Greece

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, 20 July, 2016 @ 19:17:12 »
 :pml:

Tony