Author Topic: Massive animal abuse fine  (Read 6093 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Massive animal abuse fine
« on: Wednesday, 26 November, 2014 @ 11:45:20 »
Dog owner is hit with giant £214,000 fine for bashing eight puppies to death with a garden hoe in Greece

*    The man left one puppy with its mother, then tried to kill nine others
*    He bashed them with a backhoe then buried them in a bag, under stones
*    A neighbour saw the killings and reported the 54-year-old to authorities
*    And then he took him to court where he was fined £5,000
*    One of the puppies was found alive, a day after the incident
*    Warning this story contains traffic images they may disturb
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2849005/Dog-owner-hit-giant-214-000-fine-bashing-eight-puppies-death-garden-hoe-Greece.html

Some of the comments are quite revealing: 'every tourist knows' Greeks hate animals. Even though it was a Greek neighbour who initiated the prosecution, as in the case Bryan reported from Kilkis.

Offline Aristarches

• Forum Deity
Re: Massive animal abuse fine
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 26 November, 2014 @ 13:09:47 »
I am surprised that you are surprised, Maik,  They are Daily Mail readers after all.

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 26 November, 2014 @ 17:09:56 »
I am surprised that you are surprised, Maik,  They are Daily Mail readers after all.

I'll have you know I'm a regular Daily Fail reader and I believe every word of it!  ;)

Actually the Stail website is a totally different production containing as little news as the print version does truth!

On a serious note, this story does show things are changing in Greece and some people are now willing to make a stand over animal issues and at least sometimes the cops now take notice.

Tony

Offline Aristarches

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 27 November, 2014 @ 12:01:01 »

I'll have you know I'm a regular Daily Fail reader and I believe every word of it!  ;)

Actually the Stail website is a totally different production containing as little news as the print version does truth!

On a serious note, this story does show things are changing in Greece and some people are now willing to make a stand over animal issues and at least sometimes the cops now take notice.

Tony

I agree, Tony.  But the UK has a poor  record of animal abuse for all our famous love of animals.  From hare coursing to dog fights and from mutilation of farm animals and horses.  Add to those all the domestic abuse of animals and I think the British should stop throwing stones at Johnny Foreigner.  Next time a dog or cat goes missing it may not have come to a nice clean end under a car's wheels but have been torn to death as a warm up to a dog fight.   

Edit: BBCode amended
« Last Edit: Thursday, 27 November, 2014 @ 12:21:20 by Maik »

Offline HiFi

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 27 November, 2014 @ 18:11:43 »
Couldn't agree more! I'd add child abuse to those sentiments too, unfortunately.

Offline Bell

• Gold Medalist
« Reply #5 on: Friday, 28 November, 2014 @ 11:48:13 »
I could not agree more.  I get really mad when guests say how cruel Greeks are. You do not hear of cats being put in microwaves or tumble dryers in UK and all the other horrific things that go on in UK too. Animal cruelty is endemic world wide unfortunately.
Always look on the bright side of life.