Author Topic: Greek wins Celebrity Masterchef  (Read 3527 times)

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
Greek wins Celebrity Masterchef
« on: Sunday, 31 July, 2016 @ 15:40:13 »
Alexis Conran has won Celebrity MasterChef 2016. The British actor and TV presenter saw off competition from Louise Minchin and Jimmy Osmond during last night's final, and he was mighty pleased with the result:
"I can't believe it," he said. "I have been working up to this for so long, for this one moment. I am so very happy and relieved. My family are going to be so proud.
"I was very happy with 'finalist' but I'll take 'champion'. 'Champion' sounds great."
Conran's triumph follows four weeks of intense competition which saw Celebrity MasterChef judges John Torode and Gregg Wallace preside over the efforts of 19 celebrity hopefuls including Audley Harrison, Gleb Savchenko, Amy Childs, Simon Webbe and Tina Mahone.
Last night's final saw the final trio embark upon the Chef's Table challenge which tasked them with impressing some of the UK's top chefs, followed by a three-course meal cooked for Torode and Wallace for which Conran provided an octopus stifado and fava starter, a stuffed chicken leg main and dessert of nut filo pastry pinwheels [bougatsa].

http://www.radiotimes.com.edgesuite.net/news/2016-07-30/celebrity-masterchef-crowns-its-winner

Alex was born in Paris but his dad was a gambler and a crook.  His mother took him to Athens to live with his maternal grandmother who is credited in the show for inspiring his cooking including dictating a recipe over the phone when he was fed up and on his own in London.  He cooked several Greek dishes during the show - some of which were unusual for British palates and divided judges John and Greg. 

Prog still available on iPlayer

Tony