Author Topic: 29/06/20  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
29/06/20
« on: Monday, 29 June, 2020 @ 08:14:07 »
Armed Forces And Doctors Will Carry Out Targeted Covid-19 Tests At Regional Airports

Health and hygiene teams with staff from the Armed Forces will be stationed at each airport and will carry out tests based on targeted sampling on passengers arriving on flights from abroad. Anyone that tests positive for the novel coronavirus will be required to stay in quarantine hotels that will operate in the capitals of all prefectures for 14 days.
https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/06/29/armed-forces-and-doctors-will-carry-out-targeted-covid-19-tests-at-regional-airports/

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
Re: 29/06/20
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 29 June, 2020 @ 10:35:30 »
What I can't see is how long a test result takes to be confirmed, and therefore does a randomly chosen (targeted?)  victim have to wait in one of the detention facilities for 24hrs or more (possibly exposing them to infection if they're clear but other inmates are not)

Equally, if they're travelling in a group would their fellow travellers be required to submit to detention too?

Anyone aware of any more or further sources of information?

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 29/06/20
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 30 June, 2020 @ 02:04:21 »
I think airports, etc, are likely to use temperature testing - a little 'gun' is aimed at your forehead and if it reads that you've a temperature above 38C then you're deemed to have Covid-19. Article and piccie here.

Very quick, non-invasive but, from what little I've read, it's not 100% reliable...