Author Topic: 28/08/20  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
28/08/20
« on: Friday, 28 August, 2020 @ 02:22:02 »
Hundreds of flights added in response to demand for Greece...

We have great news for holidaymakers who are looking to get away to Greece, Turkey and Portugal this summer, as we have added over 500 new flights (representing almost 100,000 seats), increasing our capacity in response to the demand from customers wanting to escape to these popular hotspots.

Greece

One of the most popular choices with customers this summer, we are operating to nine Greek destinations (Corfu, Crete (Chania), Crete (Heraklion), Kefalonia, Skiathos, Kos, Preveza, Rhodes and Zante).

In response to the continued demand, we are today adding the following extra services:

* Kefalonia – additional services from Manchester and London Stansted.
https://www.jet2.com/News/Hundreds_of_flights_added_in_response_to_demand_for_Greece...

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 28/08/20
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 28 August, 2020 @ 02:24:02 »
Harry Maguire: 'I feared for my life during arrest in Greece thinking I was being kidnapped'

Speaking of the initial incident with his sister, Maguire said: “These two men approached my little sister, asked her where she was from.

“She responded and then my fiancee, Fern, has seen my little sister’s eyes go into the back of her head. She ran over and she was fainting, she was in and out of consciousness.”
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-08-27/harry-maguire-i-feared-for-my-life-during-arrest-in-greece-thinking-i-was-being-kidnapped

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 28 August, 2020 @ 02:25:20 »
'That's mad, Ted': stamps launched for Father Ted's 25th anniversary
Stamps feature phrases from award-winning comedy set on fictional Craggy Island

A quarter of a century after it first aired, Father Ted, one of television’s most loved sitcoms, has officially stamped itself on popular culture.

Ireland’s post service, An Post, issued a set of stamps on Thursday to celebrate its characters and one-liners and to mark the show’s 25th anniversary.
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/aug/27/thats-mad-ted-stamps-launched-for-father-teds-25th-anniversary

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Friday, 28 August, 2020 @ 09:11:59 »
'Fear of failure' giving UK children lowest happiness levels in Europe
More than a third of UK 15-year-olds scored low in the annual Good Childhood Report
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/aug/28/fear-of-failure-giving-uk-children-lowest-happiness-levels-in-europe

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Friday, 28 August, 2020 @ 14:49:58 »
Appears confirmed that a case of coronavirus has been identified on Ithaki, a local now in self-isolation at home.

Also heard that a couple who arrived by yacht have been sent to the quarantine hotel in Argostoli after the female tested positive for coronavirus.

Offline pessadianos

• Participant
« Reply #5 on: Friday, 28 August, 2020 @ 16:50:24 »
only post fact and not hear say or speculation! :nein:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 29 August, 2020 @ 03:21:53 »
Thanks, pessadianos, but you haven't been visiting GGi for very long, when you have you'll notice that anything I can't confirm in English-language tends to go in this Grapevine / News Briefs thread, so that's a give-away that it may not be fact.

However, as I'm sure you'll acknowledge, just because something has been printed as news in The Times or Kathimerini doesn't necessarily make it fact, not does its absence from the English-language press mean it didn't happen. I'm pretty sure those two items you refer to are fact, or I wouldn't have posted about them.
 :)

Offline expat

• Forum Deity
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, 29 August, 2020 @ 12:15:51 »
  :nein: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline pessadianos

• Participant
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, 29 August, 2020 @ 17:50:26 »
2 wrongs do not make a right
maybe start up a Brit-Greek news agency
on island and hit the pavement  :hmm:
Find that real time news we have all
been waiting for! :yiamas:

Offline expat

• Forum Deity
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, 29 August, 2020 @ 19:46:56 »
only post fact and not hear say or speculation! :nein:

First reported case of Covid announced in Ithaca August 28, 2020 JOINT DECLARATION We inform you that one (1) incoming case on our island has been confirmed. All procedures were followed in accordance with the health and safety protocols and in consultation with the Ministry of Civil Protection and EODY, he was moved to quarantine in his area of ​​residence. We ask for everyone’s special attention. We remain calm and work for the safety of the citizens and visitors of our island. Thanasis Livitsanis Prefect of Ithaca Dionysis Ger. Stanitsas Mayor of Ithaca

Continue reading at https://kefaloniapulse.homeinkefalonia.properties/first-reported-case-of-covid-announced-in-ithaca | The Kefalonia Pulse

Offline pessadianos

• Participant
« Reply #10 on: Monday, 12 April, 2021 @ 00:24:39 »
Aye Sassenach! :yiamas: