Author Topic: Kefalonia Bus Timetable  (Read 72309 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: Kefalonia Bus Timetable
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, 14 July, 2015 @ 23:36:42 »
Bus is being used!!! Saw a couple getting off the Poros bus outside Porto Skala / San Giorgio tonight  :yahoo:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, 18 July, 2015 @ 15:32:50 »
Just seen that the website for KTEL Kefalonia has been updated, now showing Poros-Skala-Katelios timetables for periods 17/06/15 - 26/07/15 and 27/07/15 - 31/08/15.

Bit strange as the previous timedate, due to end 05/07/15, was still in use until at least 12/07/15.

Still this message on the KTEL Kefalonia website:

http://www.ktelkefalonias.gr/sites/www.ktelkefalonias.gr/files/scan_2.pdf

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, 19 July, 2015 @ 00:19:49 »
Checked the timetable in Skala square early yesterday evening, still showing the version 'ending' 05/07/2015.

Who knows?  :dunno:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #28 on: Monday, 27 July, 2015 @ 15:34:40 »
ktelkefalonias website now showing Skala-area timetable dated 27/07/15-31/08/15 only, still the message saying "routes that were in force until 05/07/15 remain in force until newer announcement".

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, 02 August, 2015 @ 23:51:47 »
I did think about printing off some A5 copies of my version of the timetable... and leave them in the supermarkets/kiosks.

Maybe KTEL Kefalonia recognised a good idea - some KTEL leaflets for the Skala-Apostolata service available locally, no dates so maybe it will run to these times all summer

Downloadable version

Offline jeanskala

• Forum Hero
« Reply #30 on: Monday, 03 August, 2015 @ 12:30:32 »
Bus is being used!!! Saw a couple getting off the Poros bus outside Porto Skala / San Giorgio tonight  :yahoo:

Yes, a few using the late return bus from Skala into Katelios too!

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, 15 July, 2017 @ 01:57:52 »
Heard KTEL will be running a bus service from Divarata to Myrtos / Divarata to Assos and Sami to AntiSamos w.e.f. 17/07 and ending 31/07, although that may be extended. No news yet I can see on ktelkefalonias.gr but current local schedule s are due to end 16/07.

Now available via link above, AntiSamos, Assos, Myrtos schedule

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #32 on: Friday, 13 April, 2018 @ 17:02:21 »

Offline steforde

• Participant
    • Chinese Boxing UK
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, 15 April, 2018 @ 22:54:22 »
I'm over in July  :yahoo: and I'll definitely use the bus service for a few trips.

Offline Ian_E

• Silver Medalist
« Reply #34 on: Monday, 16 April, 2018 @ 20:36:37 »
Timetables have been updated.

https://www.ktelkefalonias.gr/en/

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, 17 April, 2018 @ 14:51:49 »
That's a very helpful post, Ian.  People should note that services change throughout the summer season and will be slightly different depending on which weeks you are on Kef.  However I see on the Kef bus site link (above) that they have released all the timetables at the same time, rather than dribble them out over the season often with only a day or two to spare, sometimes not even that.  Fingers crossed they don't change them!

The other thing is the way of Greek bus timetables is to give all the times from a particular location rather than along a route.  However the Kef KTEL does give the return times. There's a good day out to be had by bus to Fiskardo from Katelios and Skala in June/July, but the journey is round a couple of hours each way.

Tony

Offline Ian_E

• Silver Medalist
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, 17 April, 2018 @ 20:27:55 »
Did you see the route map as well Tony, they are almost getting organised, and about time too.

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, 18 April, 2018 @ 10:59:36 »
...they have released all the timetables at the same time, rather than dribble them out over the season often with only a day or two to spare, sometimes not even that.  Fingers crossed they don't change them!

Going on how they've operated for years, it might be best to check the times very close to the date you want to travel, rather than rely on these advance timetables.

Had a look at the online ticket option, price to Patras/Athens (and anywhere on route) doesn't include ferry ticket, I'd think it'll usually be possible to buy at the port on the day, although that could be a bit iffy in high season. If booking the ferry ticket in advance, e.g. online via the ferry website, you'll need to be sure which ferry. Also, while it offers tickets from Kef-Patras I couldn't see an option to book a seat via buying a ticket from Patras to Kef.

The route map looks like the ones they used to issue on glossy paper - if you could get hold of one!

Nice looking web site!