Author Topic: Greece Medical Facilities  (Read 4786 times)

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
Greece Medical Facilities
« on: Tuesday, 09 April, 2019 @ 18:01:11 »

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: Greece Medical Facilities
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 09 April, 2019 @ 18:44:55 »
Thanks, BeeTee. Not sure how the FCO in Zakynthos decide who to list. For anyone holidaying on Kef who needs to see a doctor: most private doctors on Kef seem to speak English so if you're staying in e.g. Skala, Sami, Fiskardo area you don't, IMO, need to go to Argostoli to see a private doctor.

(The hospital doctors I've come across mostly speak English, too.)

Offline Colleywobble

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 09 April, 2019 @ 19:27:47 »
Skala Doctor was excellent whenever we have had to use them.Spoke excellent English and was fully up to speed with any forms etc you needed to have to make insurance claims.Think it was Dr John when we last  used them.

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, 09 April, 2019 @ 20:08:12 »
Thanks, BeeTee. Not sure how the FCO in Zakynthos decide who to list. For anyone holidaying on Kef who needs to see a doctor: most private doctors on Kef seem to speak English so if you're staying in e.g. Skala, Sami, Fiskardo area you don't, IMO, need to go to Argostoli to see a private doctor.

(The hospital doctors I've come across mostly speak English, too.)

Yes, agree Maik. Why pick only one doctor on Kef is a bit odd but have to say I have the used Dr Andreas Michaelides in Argostoli who was very good and it was he who sent me to Argostoli Hospital for further treatment. The treatment was extremely good with the doctors speaking excellent English.

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Friday, 12 April, 2019 @ 02:32:13 »
I'm sure he's an excellent doctor. Some, if not all, the UK package tour companies recommend him. However, he's in Argostoli. Not a big problem if you're staying in Lassi but not everyone has a hire car (at the time they need to see a doctor) and the bus service from Skala / Agia Efimia / Fiskardo is... well, one a day if you want to get to Argostoli and back by bus. So that means a taxi. What's that these days, at least 100€ return? OK, it might be possible to re-claim that on your holiday insurance, if you get a receipt from the taxi driver, but it's still a big wedge out of your holiday money when it's possible to save time and money by seeing a doctor in resort. JMO.