Author Topic: Easyjet 2021  (Read 4359 times)

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
Easyjet 2021
« on: Friday, 01 May, 2020 @ 11:18:01 »
Just seen that Easyjet have flights to Kef available from March 30th 2021. May have been there a while, don't know.

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
Re: Easyjet 2021
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 01 May, 2020 @ 11:32:34 »
They weren't there on Tuesday

I spent time on phone with them re. a 5th May booking that they'd Cancelled and offered Free re-booking (or a voucher)
I asked why they thought I'd want to reschedule to a date in 2020, when I'm being told isolation will run until October, or even December this year?!
I suggested if they had 2021 flight schedules available, rather than just up to Oct '20, I might consider re-booking for 12, even 18 months time.

Then, with the various travel writers' observations that many airlines could well go to the wall still front of mind, I requested a refund anyway.

Worryingly, the Return flight for that May 2020 trip is still showing active and bookable - will they refund that too, or suggest it's my choice not to be there to take advantage of it? ;-)

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 01 May, 2020 @ 11:46:20 »
I had a flight to Kef booked back on March 31st which obviously got cancelled. I requested a refund and still waiting for that.

Offline expat

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Friday, 01 May, 2020 @ 11:59:30 »
It is a strange one at the moment, we have flights booked for the beginning of September, we also have separate accommodation booked at two different places on Kef, all we can do is sit it out and wait and see what happens, flights are with sleazyjet, who let us down badly when we were in Tenerife when the lockdown started, if we cancel we lose the flight money,if they cancel we hopefully get it back, it is the accommodation owners we feel sorry for, because they are friends and we pay cash on arrival. 

Offline Phil

• Silver Medalist
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 02 May, 2020 @ 00:09:58 »
They weren't there on Tuesday

I spent time on phone with them re. a 5th May booking that they'd Cancelled and offered Free re-booking (or a voucher)
I asked why they thought I'd want to reschedule to a date in 2020, when I'm being told isolation will run until October, or even December this year?!
I suggested if they had 2021 flight schedules available, rather than just up to Oct '20, I might consider re-booking for 12, even 18 months time.

Then, with the various travel writers' observations that many airlines could well go to the wall still front of mind, I requested a refund anyway.

Worryingly, the Return flight for that May 2020 trip is still showing active and bookable - will they refund that too, or suggest it's my choice not to be there to take advantage of it? ;-)

Our flight to Kef with Easyjet was booked for 28/4/20 and the return flight would have been on 12/5/20. The return flight wasn't cancelled by Easyjet until approx 29/4/2020 so don't be surprised if your return flight is still active.

I have filled in their online refund form as it is unlikely that we can reschedule this year. I'm not holding my breath but if they refuse a refund I booked on a credit card so can go down that route! Currently I can't see any Easyjet flights to Kef from Manchester after October 2020.

Our first 2 nights were paid for up front on a non-refundable rate, but the apartment owners have agreed to reschedule to similar dates in 2021.

I feel for all the people in Kef who rely on tourist income. I am sure regular tourists to Kef will remember which people/companies look after their guests and who they will support in the future.

Phil

« Last Edit: Saturday, 02 May, 2020 @ 10:40:54 by Phil »

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 07 May, 2020 @ 11:39:39 »
Easyjet issues huge update to customers with July, August and September flights booked

Easyjet has issued a huge update to anybody with flights booked beyond June - and it is promising news.

The budget carrier says it intends for flights booked in July, August and September to go ahead.

For any holidays booked in September or beyond, easyJet says: "We're closely monitoring the situation and reviewing the advice we receive from the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office, as well as our in-destination partners, as we hope to be taking customers on their holidays again as soon as we can."
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/easyjet-issues-huge-update-customers-18207120