The Agora > Kefalonia News

Kef airport soon sold?

(1/26) > >>

Maik:

--- Quote ---The management of fourteen regional airports throughout Greece is set to be sold to private investors in the next two months, according to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) schedule.

The firms will take over the management for a duration of up to 50 years.

By September 30, binding offers from potential investors will be submitted to HRADF.

The first group includes the airports of Thessaloniki, Chania, Corfu, Zakynthos, Kefalonia, Preveza and Kavala.
--- End quote ---
http://www.balkaneu.com/greece-set-privatize-fourteen-regional-airports-2014/

Mediterranean Man:
Seems a little ambiguous!
Does the successful applicant get the freehold or leasehold on this sale?
Either way, there will undoubted be changes to the airport and the services provided.

Aristarches:
Look on the Brightside: it can't be any worse.  Can it?

expat:

--- Quote ---Look on the Brightside: it can't be any worse.  Can it?
--- End quote ---
I have to agree, it is run like a pig in a poke!
There was an article in the Kef press describing the airport as a joke, shedloads of tourists in a long line waiting to get checked in, only one scanner working, rip off prices at the shop. I will give you an example, a packet of sweets, cost 2.40 euro, the same sweets in the uk, 5 packets for a nicker!
It cannot get any worse! so, a change may be for the better, who knows, lets hope so.

Bluenose:
I do hope they manage to keep a place for the bird who makes the tanoy announcements with a gob full of moussaka. The look of utter bewilderment on various bods faces followed by a communal wot did she say is always good for a laugh as you sit on the floor waiting for your delay to run its course. Stroll on...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version