Author Topic: Brexit? It's all Greek to me  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Brexit? It's all Greek to me
« on: Thursday, 04 April, 2019 @ 19:18:26 »
Brexit? It's all Greek to me, says PM Tsipras in Athens

Greece’s prime minister said on Thursday he was struggling to understand Britain’s Brexit machinations and was surprised its political system could not find a way out of the crisis.

“The truth is we are a little bit, err... how should I put it, we feel a bit surprised at the inability of the British political systems to reach a common position.”

Nearly three years since the United Kingdom shocked the world by voting 52 percent to 48 in a referendum to leave the bloc, it is still unclear how, when or even whether it will set out on its own.

Greece held a referendum of its own in July 2015 that overwhelmingly rejected the terms of an economic rescue package offered by international lenders. Opposition groups and activists widely accused Tsipras of ignoring the results of that plebiscite when he agreed to even harsher austerity measures a month later. [Reuters]
http://www.ekathimerini.com/239242/article/ekathimerini/news/brexit-its-all-greek-to-me-says-pm-tsipras-in-athens

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
Re: Brexit? It's all Greek to me
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 08 April, 2019 @ 12:03:40 »
Err... perhaps I shouldn't but...
 :rofl:

I know it's not actually funny whatever side you're on but for me that was a little light relief!

Tony