The Agora > Kef Weather Chart

Kefalonia Weather Charts

(1/6) > >>

Jolly Roger:

Temperatures shown are the monthly average of the highest daily temperature.
Rainfall has been measured at Valeriano and total rainfall is calculated from August to the following July.

A roundup of weather for 2020

Fairly average temperatures and rainfall until September.

Then on 18th September we experienced the first hurricane in living memory, with high rainfall and winds exceeding 100mph. Another storm followed a few days later to bring the rainfall to 373mms for the month, although many parts of the island had more than this.

December was the warmest I had recorded for 19 years, but also the highest rainfall, with 537mms. Overnight minimum temperature did not fall below 11c, another record.

A roundup of weather for 2019

The year on the whole was particularly warm, starting June and through to the end of the year. August was the hottest I have recorded in 18 years.

We had a very wet January and a wetter than usual May. November and December were extremely wet with 753 mms recorded for both months, before becoming very dry in 2020.

A roundup of weather for 2018

The year as a whole recorded the highest rainfall I have measured so far at 1631 mms, with June being much wetter than usual (the average rainfall for the UK as a whole is around 1200 mms).

February was very wet and record rainfall with 418 mms.

April was an extremely warm month with a top temperature of 32c and no rain!

June and July had record rainfall and were relatively cooler, but September made up for this and was one of the warmest.

A roundup of weather for 2017

The highest rainfall I have recorded for November and December together.

20 mms of rain recorded in August was due to a storm on the morning of 30th. Not all of Kefalonia experienced rainfall however.
July and August had some very hot periods, but this was not so evident in the averages for each month.

January 2017 continues to be extreme, with the second lowest temperature and the second highest rainfall that I have recorded.
Another extreme in March, the warmest and driest.

kefman:
Thanks Jolly Roger for ur great work. Notice that November rainfall was the second highest since u started recording. Think it was probably even higher than our Scottish figure and that normally takes some beating!!!!!!!

Maik:

--- Quote from: kefman on Thursday, 02 January, 2014 @ 19:25:32 ---Thanks Jolly Roger for ur great work.
--- End quote ---
And thanks for the latest monthly update. Not sure it always felt that mild but it sure could've been worse (even on Kef). Be interesting to see how Feb fares. Snow, anyone?

Jolly Roger:
Some interesting comparisons.

Rainfall at Heathrow for 2013 was 576 mms
Rainfall at Camborne, Cornwall for 2013 was 1070 mms
Rainfall at Kefalonia for 2013 was 1206 mms 

Rainfall for England and Wales for January 2014 was 173 mms
Rainfall for Kefalonia for January 2014 was 213 mms

and January was the wettest in England and Wales for over 100 years!

Maik:
 :blink:

er, the Kef figures... are they what you've recorded or is that 'Greek accounting'?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version