Author Topic: At your fave Kef taverna?  (Read 4872 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
At your fave Kef taverna?
« on: Friday, 22 January, 2016 @ 12:53:28 »

Some naughty words in the article:

The Future of Dining is Strapping a Smartphone to Your Face

I swear I had to check three times to make sure this wasn’t from a parody site. But apparently Samsung thinks the future of dining is wearing a virtual reality headset while you’re eating. And to top it all off, the VR makes it look like you’re dining underwater. With dolphins.
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/01/the-future-of-dining-is-strapping-a-smartphone-to-your-face/

You dine on the first course of the meal in a garden in Tuscany, surrounded by flowers with a winery in the distance. You adjust your Samsung Gear VR glasses as a cool wind blows and you catch the rich fragrance of the gardens. But when your main course arrives, you now find yourself underwater with dolphins playing and fish swimming. Your Italian table setting has been transformed into an underwater experience and the light in the room has changed to reflect the underwater scene. You can even see bubbles arising from your drinks and water splashes on the table in 3D.

Now imagine that all of this occurred without leaving the Ibiza hotel, or the seat you were in. The magic you see, hear, taste, smell and feel comes from virtual reality technology. By using Samsung Gear VR, restaurants can take the already sensory experience of dining to a new level. While there is a wow factor to using this cutting-edge technology, the impact of virtual reality is a natural fit for restaurants that want to create a complete experience around a meal, not just serve a plate of food.
https://insights.samsung.com/...1#prettyPhoto

Not sure we'll see these on Kef any time soon... but maybe if you were sat in a restaurant in, er, Birmingham and it could appear as though you were on Kef...

:hmm: ... nah :oki:

Offline Misty

• Forum Deity
Re: At your fave Kef taverna?
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 22 January, 2016 @ 18:54:50 »
I suppose I could wear one showing Kef in my local North London restaurants/takeaways "Greekylicious", yes it's really called that, and Kouzina, then I would at least be eating the right food !!

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 22 January, 2016 @ 19:48:52 »
Amazing!   :oki:

Presumably the guy's dining companion isn't too happy about the arrangement.  And some peeps might not be able to get the food in their gobs with their eyes covered!  :lol:

Tony

Offline Aristarches

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 23 January, 2016 @ 11:33:01 »
Dining in Birmingham is such a wonderful experience that I would never wish to pretend I was anywhere else.  Anyone who has visited the Balti Triangle can confirm that.  Ah, Sparkbrook in the moonlight with the aroma of the gasworks and the distant scream of muggings.  Who would want to be anywhere else?