Author Topic: Microsoft establishes a new company called Microsoft Payments  (Read 6719 times)

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
Microsoft establishes a new company called Microsoft Payments
« on: Friday, 03 April, 2015 @ 19:25:50 »
Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), according to applications filed before regulatory bodies, may be working on a potential online payment system, exclusive to its platform. The suggestion that the Redmond-giant may have a new service for mobile-payment up its sleeve was accidently revealed following the issue of license by the State of Idaho, Department of Finance. The name of the company, to which the license was issued, is called Microsoft Payments Inc. The license permits the company to operate as a money transfer platform.

http://news.thewindowsclub.com/microsoft-establishes-new-company-called-called-microsoft-payments-76132/

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: Microsoft establishes a new company called Microsoft Payments
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 03 April, 2015 @ 23:02:36 »
Haven't taken much notice but wondering if it's the next 'big thing' all the big players want to get in on, in one form or another. Quite recently there's been or will be Google Wallet, Apple Pay and Facebook's send to friend service.

MS Payments might fit in nicely with Windows (and Office) as a service your rent annually rather than buy.

:dunno:

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 04 April, 2015 @ 00:38:20 »
MS Payments might fit in nicely with Windows (and Office) as a service your rent annually rather than buy.

Stranger things have happened.

After all, MS will already have your Microsoft User and Microsoft Account details. Would make perfect sense to associate a Credit/Debit Card number with it. Or a bank a/c.

My money's on MS moving to a monthly/yearly licence platform for Windows, a la Adobe, Office 365 et al, once Windows X has a sizeable user base.

After all. You wouldn't want to be running an insecure, unpatched, non-updated Windows operating system would you? Didn't what happened to those poor saps who stayed wih XP warn you? (oh!! - that hasn't happened yet, has it. But I bet it does. Just at the time Windows X goes subscription based ;-)
« Last Edit: Saturday, 04 April, 2015 @ 00:42:10 by TonyD »

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 04 April, 2015 @ 00:55:15 »
My money's on MS moving to a monthly/yearly licence platform for Windows, a la Adobe, Office 365 et al, once Windows X has a sizeable user base.

I think I agree with Tony.

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 04 April, 2015 @ 11:47:11 »

I think I agree with Tony.

'Fraid so.   :(

Tony