Author Topic: Pieces of crate! Parrot shocks owner by ordering gift boxes from Amazon  (Read 3855 times)

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
Pieces of crate! Parrot shocks owner by ordering gift boxes from Amazon
« on: Thursday, 21 September, 2017 @ 09:46:43 »
A parrot in London stumped its owner by managing to place an order with online giant Amazon, according to The Sun.

Corienne Pretorius, 39, couldn’t work out why she had received a £10 set of gift boxes, reported the British newspaper.

After interrogating her family, Pretorius realised her five-year-old African Grey had made the order while she was out.

Buddy the parrot, impersonating one of her conversations, had used Amazon’s Alexa voice-controlled system.

A connected speaker allows customers to use the system to order things online or perform tasks in the home, such as dimming lights, turning on a coffee maker or playing their favourite music.

Corienne said: “I couldn’t believe it when I realised that Buddy had made an Amazon order. We’ve had the device for four months and I use it to play music or make ‘to do’ lists but I’ve never ordered anything online.”

A spokesman for Amazon said customers could turn off voice purchasing in the application’s settings. 

http://www.euronews.com/2017/09/21/pieces-of-crate-parrot-shocks-owner-by-ordering-gift-boxes-from-amazon