The Agora > Kefalonia News

Kefalonia Bus Timetable

<< < (2/8) > >>

Maik:

--- Quote from: TonyKath on Sunday, 17 May, 2015 @ 20:27:54 ---Baffling as usual!  :unsure:
--- End quote ---

More timetables now available, only had a quick look but the plan seems to be to offer a more comprehensive service this year, e.g. from Skala to Sami, Drogarati & Melissani via Poros. In the Skala & Katelios section Apostolata gets a spot of its own. Not clear if the KTEL Apostolata service will stop along the way, e.g. at Porto Skala and San Giorgio. 
:dunno:

A 'phone call to KTEL today suggests it's best to 'phone ahead to confirm the service will actually be running on the day you want to travel 
;)

Maik:

--- Quote from: Maik on Thursday, 11 June, 2015 @ 22:12:03 ---Not clear if the KTEL Apostolata service will stop along the way, e.g. at Porto Skala and San Giorgio.
--- End quote ---

Seen the bus [nice, new, white, 30(?) seater] - appeared to be empty, not sure many people know about the new service. The new bus stop signs are a bit hard to spot but noticed one tucked away among the bushes between Nine Muses-Anassa, one outside Regina Dell Acqua, another outside Tesoro Blu... then didn't see any sign out Pelagos Bay, Apollo, Porto Skala, San Giorgio or Asteris (maybe I just didn't see them, I was driving at the time). One outside Apostolata. I'll try to grab a piccie tomorrow so we have an idea what they look like.

BTW, looks like it's not just the Skala service that's improved but also the Katelios and Poros bus service - we'll have to see how it works out!

Maik:

TonyKath:
The KTEL site seems actually quite helpful and some bits are even clear when you look at it  :btu: .

Is this what is referred to as the "local minibus" in the timetable.  However the timetable only gives it as going between Katelios - Skala - Apostolata and not Poros.  Two trips each way 7 days a week. 

Quite a few additional times on the timetable, the most helpful of all is restoring the bus to Fiskardo on Mon/Wed/Fri until the beginning of July then Mon-Fri until the end of August.  Leaves at 0915 and returns at 1630.  Cheap way of getting a good part of the day in Fiskardo when the round the island tours only give an hour and even Vangelis' boat trip is only a couple of hours or so.  We remember being able to do this when we first went to Katelios in the 90's until it stopped.  The only thing was it took about 2 - 2 1/2 hours each way back then.

Tony

Maik:
Yes, it looks clear. Way it reads to me, if you want to go from Katelios to Poros you need to take the 'Intercity' bus. The 'local mini-bus' departs Poros and goes to Katelios, but I can't see any sign of it departing Katelios for Poros, only to Skala. It leaves Skala at 17:30 for Poros, departs Poros 18:15 for Skala and Katelios. At 19:15 it departs Katelios for Skala, then departs Skala at 21:00 for Poros. Leaves Poros at 21:45 for Skala and Katelios, departs Katelios 22:45 for Skala.

Simples?  :hmm:

Let's hope enough people use the service(s) for it to pay its way and continue in operation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version