The Agora > Kefalonia News

Quad Bike Incident....Skala

(1/3) > >>

APB:
Stay safe out there......better still, stay off them!

http://m.inkefalonia.gr/koinonia/44538-gourouna-epese-pano-se-pezous-stin-skala-eikones

Bell:
It has amazed me the amount of them there are about. The other day one tore through the village with a couple with a toddler between them. Then two with young lads on having a race !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aristarches:
You can't  complain about Quad bikes.  They represent progress tourist style.  They are the future, just like in Laganas. What do you want?  People riding round on donkeys?  Or those horrible little three wheel things designed for maximum noise and minimum speed that were driven around for seemingly little purpose and no destination.  A bit like Quad bikes, really.

kef97:
My husband asked me to put this on.....
"I've lived here for nearly 20years & have been riding motorcycles for 51years, both in UK & here. This year I have observed the most abysmal, ignorant & downright dangerous standards of driving by tourists that I have seen in all my years here.
This ranges across all forms of transport from cars to scooters, to especially quad bikes....which appear to be the new trend for "dick-heads" (excuse me!). They ride round thinking they are invincible while riding in shorts & flip-flops, with their other half on the back in just a bikini......not a thought about what will happen to them if they come off!
My message to them is to slow down, be more careful & have more consideration for others on the road.
Sorry about the 'rant', but I feel much better for it!

TonyD:

--- Quote from: Aristarches on Sunday, 07 August, 2016 @ 12:34:53 ---You can't  complain about Quad bikes.  They represent progress tourist style.  They are the future, just like in Laganas. What do you want?  People riding round on donkeys?  Or those horrible little three wheel things designed for maximum noise and minimum speed that were driven around for seemingly little purpose and no destination.  A bit like Quad bikes, really.

--- End quote ---
Except an idiot on a donkey doesn't generally pose a threat...;-)

A motorcyclist of many years myself means I've experienced the damage coming off can cause, even at low speeds.
Gravel Rash anyone? You're picking bits of grit and tarmac out of your skin for years!

The most disturbing aspect of Holiday Quads (and mopeds) is their ability to be driven by anyone holding a Car licence - as though driving a car has skills easily transferred to riding a bike or a quad. Unfortunately that's far from the case...starting with the need to "reverse steer" a motorcycle once you get over 10mph or so, closely followed by the need for a light touch on the back brake, and an even lighter touch on the front.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version