Author Topic: Monarch Flights  (Read 9858 times)

Offline JimW

• Participant
Monarch Flights
« on: Wednesday, 19 March, 2014 @ 19:20:35 »
For those of you flying to Kefalonia this year with Monarch, particularly those over 6ft, might be interested to know that they have reconfigured their aircraft.
The first 9 row are now extra legroom seats and the remaining seats have lost legroom.
I found out about this on a flight to Faro going out was fine coming back was purgatory, I was literally jammed in the seat. The aircraft I was on was an Airbus A321.
Also the price has gone up to £25 per leg.
Best Regards
Jim  :btd:

Offline Phil

• Silver Medalist
Re: Monarch Flights
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 19 March, 2014 @ 21:42:44 »
For those of you flying to Kefalonia this year with Monarch, particularly those over 6ft, might be interested to know that they have reconfigured their aircraft.
The first 9 row are now extra legroom seats and the remaining seats have lost legroom.
I found out about this on a flight to Faro going out was fine coming back was purgatory, I was literally jammed in the seat. The aircraft I was on was an Airbus A321.
Also the price has gone up to £25 per leg.
Best Regards
Jim  :btd:

When you say *per leg* is that £25 per limb per leg of the journey (i.e. £50 per single journey for an able bodied passenger)
Or is it £50 for a return journey.  :doh:

Offline JimW

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 20 March, 2014 @ 01:00:51 »
Nice one Phil, but you are right it's £50 for the return flights direct, however if you were to fly via say Athens
 on the same aircraft it would be classed as 2 legs each way thus giving 4 legs
(I know this is an anatomical impossibility for most humans but airlines don't obey the normal laws of biology) and thus cost £100.
Hope this clarifies.
Best regards

Jim  :yiamas:

Offline HiFi

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 20 March, 2014 @ 17:14:31 »
And in fairness, anyone with two legs has above the national average, as the average is 1.9999999999. Learnt my maths in Greece.

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Friday, 21 March, 2014 @ 20:10:38 »
I'll take just the one then.   ;)

Tony