Author Topic: Tom Tom  (Read 12576 times)

Offline expat

• Forum Deity
Tom Tom
« on: Sunday, 20 April, 2014 @ 18:12:01 »
I have just bought a Tom Tom xxl wide screen, I have used it to go to the uk and back (superb) It is a Tom Tom Western Europe. Still boxed, cost me £95,50 euro. Whats it worth? Will sell or swap for small outboard motor. I am possibly better selling this in the uk but thought I would give it a go here first.

Offline Bell

• Gold Medalist
Re: Tom Tom
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 20 April, 2014 @ 19:01:03 »
I have been using tom tom for years now and believe that it is one of the best sat navs available.
Always look on the bright side of life.

Offline expat

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 20 April, 2014 @ 19:24:51 »
We have just driven back to the uk, then back here, I have the womans voice on, she says quite calmly, you stupid boy, you have done it wrong again! do a u turn now! In all seriousness I have been very impressed,,  the only time it went wrong was my fault on a roundabout, I took the wrong exit, I did not believe her, I was wrong, the device takes all the stress out of driving. I bought it simply to drive there and back because I had a reason to drive back, wont be driving back again, hence the swap or sale.

Offline Phil

• Silver Medalist
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 20 April, 2014 @ 21:12:34 »
We have just driven back to the uk, then back here, I have the womans voice on, she says quite calmly, you stupid boy, you have done it wrong again! do a u turn now! In all seriousness I have been very impressed,,  the only time it went wrong was my fault on a roundabout, I took the wrong exit, I did not believe her, I was wrong, the device takes all the stress out of driving. I bought it simply to drive there and back because I had a reason to drive back, wont be driving back again, hence the swap or sale.

I have an Australian woman giving me directions on my Garmin Nuvi. I used to have an English woman, but she sounded too much like the posh voiced English woman in the lift at our local Morrison's supermarket............

I also have a very old 2HP Evinrude outboard motor. It starts well but it doesn't speak to me, which is a godsend and I wouldn't swap it for an English speaking TomTom.  :yiamas:

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 20 April, 2014 @ 22:06:56 »
You can set your Tom Tom to Greek if you want!!!  :lol:

Tony

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Monday, 21 April, 2014 @ 01:52:15 »
I have the womans voice on, she says quite calmly, you stupid boy, you have done it wrong again!

Who needs SatNav? Just get your wife driving lessons.

Guess the advantage with SatNav is you can switch it off.

Phil: posh voice... Morrisons...  :blink:

Offline Mediterranean Man

• Gold Medalist
« Reply #6 on: Monday, 21 April, 2014 @ 11:52:28 »
Does the "Tom Tom" Western Europe include Greece?

Offline expat

• Forum Deity
« Reply #7 on: Monday, 21 April, 2014 @ 18:56:22 »
NO, you can buy and install it (extra) I obviously did not need it until I drove off the ferry in Italy.
It has all west Europe on it exept Greece.

Offline jed.w

• Participant
« Reply #8 on: Monday, 21 April, 2014 @ 20:18:07 »
A lift in Morrisons?  Oh, forgot, you live in Cheshire!  :sas: