The Agora > Kefalonia News

Poros road closure

(1/4) > >>

Maik:
Looks as though the main Argostoli-Poros road will be closed through the Poros gorge from today, 18/08/16, between the hours of 08:30 - 18:30. Road will re-open when work completed, no indication of when that will be. In the meantime traffic is diverted via Katelios and Skala.

Jolly Roger:

--- Quote from: Maik on Thursday, 18 August, 2016 @ 13:29:13 ---Looks as though the main Argostoli-Poros road will be closed through the Poros gorge from today, 18/08/16, between the hours of 08:30 - 18:30. Road will re-open when work completed, no indication of when that will be. In the meantime traffic is diverted via Katelios and Skala.

--- End quote ---

Work being done on rock face in the gorge. Open to single file light traffic today, but trucks are being diverted.

Maik:
Latest I've heard, the gorge will be down to a single lane today and tomorrow, Saturday, then both lanes open on Sunday. From Monday until completion, anticipated to be sometime Thursday, the road will be closed in both directions between 08:30-18:30.

Why they can't announce this sort of thing well in advance...  :oki:

AlisonSkala:
There are huge trucks being diverted through Skala around the narrow streets past Akri bar and along the beach front with all the families on holiday. The idiot who made the decision to do this work in one of the busiest weeks of the year needs his head examining. I just hope there are no accidents. On top of thus we are about to get a thunder storm!!

Maarm:
That sound dangerous and I bet businesses aren't too happy about the noise and dust that will chuck up   :btd:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version