Author Topic: KTEL baggage tracking  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
KTEL baggage tracking
« on: Tuesday, 18 September, 2018 @ 12:50:12 »
KTEL Intercity Bus Service to Get Baggage Tracking System

Greece’s intercity bus service – known as KTEL – is set to get a much-needed overhaul including a new luggage tracking system after the infrastructure ministry decided to allocate funds in this direction.

This new system, which includes airport-style bar-code tagging and identification of luggage (via sticker tags), is set to be installed at 63 KTEL ticket outlets and is expected to effectively route checked luggage to its final destination, simplify baggage claim, ensure security and provide info for the bus service provider to identify and trace bags that have gone missing.
https://news.gtp.gr/2018/09/17/ktel-intercity-bus-service-get-baggage-tracking-system

Quite possibly includes Kef as it's one of 62 KTEL companies listed. Presumably the Argostoli ticket outlet, so maybe not so much help if you board the bus at e.g. Poros port. Although "Users booking tickets online will be able to print luggage tags."

Offline HiFi

• Forum Deity
Re: KTEL baggage tracking
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 18 September, 2018 @ 14:29:52 »
Has always been of concern to me that you can turn up at the bus station, put a suitcase on the bus full of anything you want before it boards a ferry, without having to show a ticket or even get on the bus yourself........

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
Re: KTEL baggage tracking
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 18 September, 2018 @ 22:18:18 »
My  concern is people walking off with my suitcase in the free for all when the bus stops. :unsure: I try to get seat No 5, two back from the driver, near enough to the front door, and put my bag under the window. Dunno how baggage tags will stop Greeks grabbing their bags direct from the luggage space. Might stop the English, though.

Tony