Author Topic: Site seeing: more & more  (Read 6302 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Site seeing: more & more
« on: Sunday, 03 April, 2016 @ 11:08:03 »
Longer hours, pricier tickets at Greek museums and archaeological sites

The summer schedule for Greece’s archaeological sites and museums came into effect on April 1, meaning they will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Meanwhile, the Greek Ministry of Culture has announced a series of ticket price hikes for sites and museums including the Athens Acropolis.
http://www.ekathimerini.com/207581/article/ekathimerini/news/longer-hours-pricier-tickets-at-greek-museums-and-archaeological-sites

Offline jeanskala

• Forum Hero
Re: Site seeing: more & more
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 06 April, 2016 @ 18:54:08 »
Longer hours, pricier tickets at Greek museums and archaeological sites

The summer schedule for Greece’s archaeological sites and museums came into effect on April 1, meaning they will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Meanwhile, the Greek Ministry of Culture has announced a series of ticket price hikes for sites and museums including the Athens Acropolis.
http://www.ekathimerini.com/207581/article/ekathimerini/news/longer-hours-pricier-tickets-at-greek-museums-and-archaeological-sites

Don't think I'll be visiting the Roman Villa in Skala at 8am, in the hope that someone will be there...!!

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 06 April, 2016 @ 21:00:18 »
You'd find me close by there Jean.....in the sea in front of Green Paradise.....three weeks, two days, twelve hours.....but who's counting?

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 07 April, 2016 @ 07:40:40 »
Don't think I'll be visiting the Roman Villa in Skala at 8am, in the hope that someone will be there...!!

Yes, think you might have a bit of a wait! I suspect it only applies to the main tourist attractions, although the article doesn't make it clear. Be nice if some of the smaller ones stayed open a bit later though.

Of course, while you were waiting you could always join Tony for a dip in the sea... or just hand him a load of towels when he comes out!