Author Topic: 09/05/15  (Read 3718 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
09/05/15
« on: Saturday, 09 May, 2015 @ 00:08:44 »

Anyone that thinks Notos too expensive, might like to consider the new studios in Katelios. Aligis Studios seems to be reasonably priced and is with Thomson.

A couple came in to the office today to enquire about car hire, said they're staying at Aligis. According to them, the owners are very friendly but the place is far from finished - no pool bar and a trip hazard around the pool, which Thomson have denied. They asked to be moved out and were offered Crystal Palace - at an extra cost of 450€. Not sure if that's per couple or p.p. Anyway, they declined. Didn't sound very happy with Thomson Holidays.

I'm still trying to figure out how a place that's "brand new for 2015" can have a full revamp  :dunno:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 09/05/15
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 09 May, 2015 @ 00:41:33 »
Astra Airlines flying twice a week from Thessaloniki to Kefalonia during the summer. Not the most user-friendly website I've ever come across but you might be able to find more info on astra-airlines.gr

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 09 May, 2015 @ 08:35:33 »
Tax payers who pay their income tax in a single installment by July 31, 2015 will get 2 percent off, according to an amendment filed on Thursday by Alternate Finance Minister Nadia Valavani.

The amendment includes other provisions, such as no taxation on rents still owed if the owner turns them over to the state for collection.
http://www.hri.org/news/greek/ana/2015/15-05-08.ana.html#40

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 09 May, 2015 @ 15:01:58 »
Diversion on the Argostoli-Fiskardo road from 06/05/15-10/05/15 between the junction to Kontogourata and the Lixouri junction. Diversion via Kontogourata-Riza-Kardakata-Nifi-Agonas.

Same road works, extended period: now to 15/05/15

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 09 May, 2015 @ 15:09:27 »
over 70 percent of all holiday packages have already been sold
http://news.gtp.gr/2015/05/08/sete-asks-pm-to-not-rationalize-vat-on-tourism-this-year/

News according to SETE, via gtp.gr

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity

Offline Jolly Roger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 09 May, 2015 @ 21:10:05 »

Anyone that thinks Notos too expensive, might like to consider the new studios in Katelios. Aligis Studios seems to be reasonably priced and is with Thomson.

A couple came in to the office today to enquire about car hire, said they're staying at Aligis. According to them, the owners are very friendly but the place is far from finished - no pool bar and a trip hazard around the pool, which Thomson have denied. They asked to be moved out and were offered Crystal Palace - at an extra cost of 450€. Not sure if that's per couple or p.p. Anyway, they declined. Didn't sound very happy with Thomson Holidays.

I'm still trying to figure out how a place that's "brand new for 2015" can have a full revamp  :dunno:

They have been working like mad on this place since it was last mentioned here. From the road it looks finished, but it seems there are some finishing touches to be done. I think anyone that books a holiday based on an artist's impression, is taking a big gamble!

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, 09 May, 2015 @ 23:28:48 »
I think anyone that books a holiday based on an artist's impression, is taking a big gamble!
Yep, me too.

Offline Aristarches

• Forum Deity
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, 10 May, 2015 @ 11:15:03 »

They have been working like mad on this place since it was last mentioned here. From the road it looks finished, but it seems there are some finishing touches to be done. I think anyone that books a holiday based on an artist's impression, is taking a big gamble!

Not gamblers. Roger.  Just abjectly stupid.