Author Topic: Vaccine passports for holidays in Hellas  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Vaccine passports for holidays in Hellas
« on: Thursday, 25 February, 2021 @ 01:05:06 »
Greece in talks with UK to allow holidays with vaccine passports

Greece is in “technical” talks with the UK over allowing Britons carrying a vaccine passport to travel to its tourist hotspots from May despite concerns in Brussels and other EU capitals.

Haris Theoharis, the country’s tourism minister, said he hoped to “dovetail” with Boris Johnson’s roadmap for allowing Britons to travel but refused to be drawn on whether Greece would break with Brussels to establish the scheme.

Non-essential travel into the EU is currently largely prohibited. All the leaders of the EU’s 27-member states will say on Thursday that “for the time being” the restrictions need to remain, according to a draft statement.

But Theoharis confirmed that Anglo-Greek technical teams were working on how a certificate system could facilitate the resumption of mass travel and what format it would take.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/24/greece-in-technical-talks-with-the-uk-to-allow-holidays-with-vaccine-passports

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: Vaccine passports for holidays in Hellas
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 25 February, 2021 @ 20:28:17 »
Britons welcome to holiday in Greece with or without vaccine, minister says

Greece is ready to welcome British tourists this summer regardless of whether they have had a coronavirus vaccine, Tourism Minister Harry Theocharis was quoted as saying on Thursday.

"All Britons, whether they have had a coronavirus vaccine or not, will have the opportunity to travel to Greece for their summer holidays," he was quoted as saying.

He said Britons who have a vaccine certificate would not need to be quarantined or have a negative PCR test before flying to Greece.
https://news.trust.org/item/20210225150123-hqnx0/

Hmm, JMO but I might prefer it if I was pretty sure the people around me, visitors and workers, had also been jabbed.