Author Topic: Troy: Fall Of A City  (Read 4402 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Troy: Fall Of A City
« on: Thursday, 08 February, 2018 @ 13:04:11 »
Troy: Fall Of A City
Episode One - Black Blood.

Told from the perspective of the Trojan family at the heart of the siege, Troy: Fall Of A City is an epic story of love, intrigue, betrayal and belonging. Combining thrilling adventure with heart-breaking intimacy, it explores primal emotions, the psychological repercussions of human actions and life-changing decisions amid the devastation and destruction of war.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2018/08/troy-fall-of-a-city

Gets a 1 star rating on imdb reviews due to Achilles being played by a black actor, David Gyasi.

Gets a better review in the Radio Times: Troy: Fall of a city preview – is it a hit or a myth?.

There's a related article on BBC Business: Economic collapse: The real message of the fall of Troy

Troy: Fall of a City - Saturday, 17 February @ 21:10 on BBC1.

Offline Mediterranean Man

• Gold Medalist
Re: Troy: Fall Of A City
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 18 February, 2018 @ 14:00:33 »
Watched episode one and was disappointed with the sound quality and production.
What is it with the BBC Drama sound engineers? They seem intent of covering the dialogue ; often mumbled or whispered with inane background music that ends up in the foreground!     

Offline Colleywobble

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 18 February, 2018 @ 14:54:57 »
Watched episode one and was disappointed with the sound quality and production.
What is it with the BBC Drama sound engineers? They seem intent of covering the dialogue ; often mumbled or whispered with inane background music that ends up in the foreground!   
I agree with this .Every time we sit down to watch what looks like a decent program we are becoming more and more disappointed with the sound quality. At first we thought we were ready for hearing aids but discussing with other people they all agree they too are having the same problem. Often it is garbled or drowned out by music or it is so dark you might as well be down a coal mine. Dare I mention the increasing number of very dark and at times sick series and before I end this diatribe ,the repeats are unbelievable. Ok i'll go now I've said my piece.

Offline Aristarches

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Monday, 19 February, 2018 @ 13:47:00 »
Don't worry about te sound quality, the script is nearer Homer Simpson than Homer.  Absolute drivel!  I'm certain the writer has copied a script from The Private Life of Helen of Troy and that was a comedy from 1927.