The Agora > Kefalonia News

Kef airport soon sold?

<< < (3/26) > >>

Maik:

--- Quote ---According to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund... the tendering of 14 regional airports to the private sector is in the final stage. The contracts call for a total of 250 million euros΄ worth of investments within the first four years. Tenders for both technical and financial aspects - being opened Monday and Tuesday respectively - have been submitted by the consortiums Vinci Airports SAS-Aktor Concessions SA; Fraport AG-Slentel Ltd; Casa (Corporation America SA)-Metka SA.

Technical bids have been submitted for the airports of Thessaloniki, Corfu (Kerkyra), Chania, Cephalonia, Zakynthos, Aktio and Kavala. Tuesday΄s bids include the airports of the islands of Rhodes, Kos, Samos, Mytilini, Mykonos, Santorini and Skiathos.

Contracts will run to 40 years and investments related to upgrading and refurbishing of existing facilities must be completed within 20 months of the start date, while new projects and expansions must be completed in 48 months.

Regional airports will charge 14.50 euros per departing passenger until the upgrade projects are completed (13 euros in airport fee and 1.5 for security). After the works are completed, the ceiling for such a fee will be 20 euros per departing passenger, including the security charge.

The current Fee for Airports΄ Upgrading and Growth (known as "Spatosimo" after the location of the international airport), is currently set at 12 euros per departing passenger.
--- End quote ---
http://english.capital.gr/News.asp?id=2162993

TonyD:

--- Quote ---Regional airports will charge 14.50 euros per departing passenger until the upgrade projects are completed (13 euros in airport fee and 1.5 for security).
After the works are completed, the ceiling for such a fee will be 20 euros per departing passenger, including the security charge.

--- End quote ---

Er....I'm no economist, so I don't understand the proposed "Spatosimo" arrangement.

As a layman, and as someone who'll be expected to stump up this charge, I'd have thought it more logical, if not more reasonable, to have the higher charge whilst the infrastucture improvements take place (capital costs) then the lower charge once everything was up and running (operating costs)

Yes, I know. It's Greece. ;-)

U4ea:
How about 12€ to 20€ in one step is a bit much, so it goes to 15€ whilst we suffer the disruption of the upgrades and then to 20€ when we see the alleged benefits of said upgrades?

Maik:

--- Quote from: TonyD on Friday, 21 November, 2014 @ 15:54:47 ---Er....I'm no economist, so I don't understand the proposed "Spatosimo" arrangement.
--- End quote ---

Phew! I'm not the only one!!  :pray:

Suspect U4ea's hit the nail on the head. If Kef airport wasn't a bit limited for space I'd suspect the benefits would include more shop units where we could pay outrageous prices for stuff available at less expense locally. As it is benefits could include... pay to park?

Edit: typo

Maik:

--- Quote ---FRANKFURT, Germany, November 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --

Fraport AG Frankfurt Airport Services Worldwide and its partner Copelouzos Group have been selected as preferred investor for a 40-year operating concession by the Hellenic Republic Assets Development Fund (HRADF) for 14 regional airports in Greece, including Aktio, Chania (Crete), Kavala, Kefalonia, Kerkyra (Corfu), Kos, Mitilini, Mykonos, Rhodes, Samos, Santorini, Skiathos, Thessaloniki - Greece's second largest city - and Zakynthos. Combined, these airports served a total of about 19.1 million passengers in 2013. The total purchase price of 1,234 million euros will be paid by the time of closing, expected in the autumn of 2015. Fraport AG will hold a majority share in the consortium.

About Fraport

Fraport AG - which ranks among the world's leading companies in the global airport business - offers a full range of integrated airport management services and boasts subsidiaries and investments on five continents. Furthermore, Fraport is a competent partner in airport retailing and real estate development.

About Copelouzos

Copelouzos Group plays a leading role in the Greek market and comprises various companies, which are active in the most important business sectors in Greece and internationally.
--- End quote ---
http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/publicsiteContentFileAccess?fileContentId=1820936

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version