Author Topic: Cat owner, 53, is left confused after being bitten by his moggy  (Read 522 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online BeeTee

  • Forum Deity
  • *****
  • Posts: 487
Cat owner, 53, is left confused after being bitten by his moggy
« on: Tuesday, 06 March, 2018 @ 18:08:12 »
Quote
A 53-year-old man was left confused and struggling to speak after being bitten by his cat, a bizarre new case report reveals.

Doctors assumed the Greek patient, who was displaying some hallmark signs of a brain injury, had suffered a stroke.

But medical tests revealed the unnamed man's neurological problems stemmed from when he was bitten by his feline on his leg.

He developed 'cat-scratch disease' - caused by bacteria called Bartonella henselae found in the mouth and claws of cats. 

It causes fever, fatigue, headaches, and swollen lymph nodes. In extreme cases it can even cause deadly brain swelling and heart infections.   

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5468631/Greek-man-53-left-confused-BITTEN-cat.html

Offline Maik

  • Administrator
  • Forum Deity
  • *****
  • Posts: 14968
Re: Cat owner, 53, is left confused after being bitten by his moggy
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 07 March, 2018 @ 00:46:06 »
The really scary bit - from the same article:

Quote
The new case follows the tale of a 23-year-old Belgian man who was left unable to get an erection after being scratched by a cat last September.