The Agora > UK & World News

Weather warning

<< < (2/151) > >>

TonyKath:
Thanks Maik, just what I wanted to know....  :oki:

Tony

Maik:
This should cheer you up, Tony:

--- Quote ---UK weather: flood warnings as further heavy rain expected to lash Britain
Met Office issues warning of severe weather for the south west and the Environment Agency issues more than 100 flood alerts and 10 more serious flood warnings
--- End quote ---
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/10597730/UK-weather-flood-warnings-as-further-heavy-rain-expected-to-lash-Britain.html

...or maybe you'll look forward to your holidays!  :beach:

Maik:

--- Quote ---UK weather: Tornado ‘lifts cats into air’ as storms and rain sweep across country, bringing further risk of flooding

“We've got four feral cats in the yard and they were being lifted off the ground, they just went round like a big paper bag.” Ms Blay added that none of the people or animals involved were injured during the storm.

--- End quote ---
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-weather-tornado-lifts-cats-into-air-as-storms-and-rain-sweep-across-country-bringing-further-risk-of-flooding-9086092.html

:oki:

TonyKath:
Actually it's not been as bad here today as forecasted.  Most of the rain was yesterday - but a nippy wind today.  Kath got me a cheapo radio controlled weather station from Aldi for Crimbo, made by Ascot.  Does internal and external temp and humidity, atmospheric pressure and trend, and phases of the moon plus a very rough and ready weather "forecast".  Radio controlled clock from Frankfurt but gives UK time exactly. No PC interface for under £20 - or under 100 from what I can see.  Think the offer from Aldi is now closed.

It's brilliant but Kath now fed up as I'm telling her the details all the time.   :)

Tony

Phil:

--- Quote from: TonyKath on Monday, 27 January, 2014 @ 00:00:43 ---Actually it's not been as bad here today as forecasted.  Most of the rain was yesterday - but a nippy wind today.  Kath got me a cheapo radio controlled weather station from Aldi for Crimbo, made by Ascot.  Does internal and external temp and humidity, atmospheric pressure and trend, and phases of the moon plus a very rough and ready weather "forecast".  Radio controlled clock from Frankfurt but gives UK time exactly. No PC interface for under £20 - or under 100 from what I can see.  Think the offer from Aldi is now closed.

It's brilliant but Kath now fed up as I'm telling her the details all the time.   :)

Tony

--- End quote ---

I bought one of those in Aldi about 4 years ago. It is still working and it has usually been surprisingly accurate!
It is currently forecasting some snow for tonight, but I think (hope) that might not occur.
The only problem I have had with the unit is the outdoor sensor now chews up AA batteries. They used to last 12 months but now only manage about 3½ weeks.

The barometric pressure sensor, temp & humidity have always been very accurate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version