Author Topic: New MAN - Kef flight  (Read 11239 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
New MAN - Kef flight
« on: Sunday, 25 May, 2014 @ 16:36:46 »
Budget airline Jet2.com has launched a hat trick of routes from Manchester Airport.

The three new destinations - planned for summer 2015 - are ...... the Greek island of Kefalonia, and ...... weekly flights to Kefalonia, all beginning next May, are now on sale.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/budget-airline-launches-three-new-7169764

Offline Bluenose

• Forum Deity
Re: New MAN - Kef flight
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 25 May, 2014 @ 17:36:03 »
Just plugged a few dates in for next year and found jet 2 about £60 cheaper than the usual suspects I have the misfortune to travel with. Good early start (06:30 / 13:00 ish rtn). The more the merrier

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 25 May, 2014 @ 19:17:40 »
I thought this might be quite handy for us but I just looked and found the outrageous hidden charges on what otherwise looked quite good: (£477 for two first two weeks in September 2015)

2 x Bags both ways (22Kg):    £90
Online check-in                    £27.96 ...... or
Airport check-in                   £51.96

How come checking in costs over 25 quid???!!!!  So add £60 each to the price.  Worse than s*dding Ryanair IMHO.   Airway robbery!!

:rant:

Tony

Offline Bluenose

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 25 May, 2014 @ 20:30:53 »
[[siI agree Tony a bit naughty on the check in price but for me it could shave a few quid off. Like most of us its pros and cons. I'm stuck with Manchester cos by the time I find cheaper at other airports the travel and time tend to outway the savings. I tried the one way routine with Jet 2. The rtn is in € and 'seemed' ok. Still its worth a nose if things get tricky flight wise

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 25 May, 2014 @ 23:35:53 »
Good luck!!

:yiamas:

Tony

Online HiFi

• Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 26 June, 2014 @ 17:34:24 »
Please no. Lidl already sounds like The Trafford Centre.

Offline Bluenose

• Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Friday, 27 June, 2014 @ 03:56:33 »
FlyFly like an Eagle ! Just got back from the Eagles gig in Liverpool. Fantastic ! Now the strike is over my flight on Sat will be a pleasure wot ever the price. Holiday mode. Yipeee

Offline jed.w

• Participant
« Reply #7 on: Friday, 27 June, 2014 @ 10:44:17 »
Just priced next August, based on the four of us it came to £1136 plus the checking so nearly £1250.00.  Still miles cheaper than the others!

Offline Bluenose

• Forum Deity
« Reply #8 on: Friday, 27 June, 2014 @ 12:14:54 »
That sounds like a plan Ged, go for it.I can understand the feeling of sleazy jet, Brian air and the like and the thought of general yobbery, but up until now the island seems to be for the greater part yob free. If there is for some reason an influx of said plebs I'm sure they will find that Kef and yobs do not mix and trundle off to wherever they feel at home.The Greek people need as much tourism as possible to aid any recovery, unfortunately that sometimes comes as a double edged sword. We live in hope !

Offline Bluenose

• Forum Deity
« Reply #9 on: Friday, 27 June, 2014 @ 12:35:18 »
Apologies Jed ! Must try harder.