Author Topic: 25/01/14  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
25/01/14
« on: Saturday, 25 January, 2014 @ 13:46:21 »
"I HAVE A dual life," said Charlotte Stockdale, the longtime fashion director of i-D, who recently left the British glossy to join the Moscow-based art and fashion magazine Garage.

"I grew up in this very traditional English manor," said Ms. Stockdale, the daughter of an English baronet father and French-Vietnamese mother. (She often visits her father in Hampshire for weekends of shooting and bonfires.)

My favorite travel destinations are: extreme places like the Himalayas or Siberia, rather than spas or villas, but my favorite place in the end is Greece. I have a family home in Corfu that I grew up in and now a new family home in Ithaca. The water there is the best in the world.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304757004579334831260953554

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
Re: 25/01/14
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 25 January, 2014 @ 19:22:06 »
"I HAVE A dual life," said Charlotte Stockdale, the longtime fashion director of i-D, who recently left the British glossy to join the Moscow-based art and fashion magazine Garage.

"I grew up in this very traditional English manor," said Ms. Stockdale, the daughter of an English baronet father and French-Vietnamese mother. (She often visits her father in Hampshire for weekends of shooting and bonfires.)

My favorite travel destinations are: extreme places like the Himalayas or Siberia, rather than spas or villas, but my favorite place in the end is Greece. I have a family home in Corfu that I grew up in and now a new family home in Ithaca. The water there is the best in the world.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304757004579334831260953554

Yes, so very much like our own life here.  It's a little cold for shooting this weekend but what with the hip flasks and the peasants lighting the bonfires with their own furniture (so kind, don't you think) we seem to manage well enough.  We will be visiting the the gulags in Novosibirsk  run by that nice - and so rich - Mr Putin  later in the year to see what comfort we can bring the starving inmates.  Of course it does keep down the crime rate in Moscow but that wretched Mr. Cameron has not answered my letters on the subject.  As usual we will be taking the motor yacht to Ithaca this year and will moor in Kioni from where the native bearers will carry us up the hill to the residence.  It's a quaint custom but so much more comfortable than the donkeys but it was a shame that they had to eat them after the all that financial business that they write about.  We of course never kept money in Greece - well, actually we never use money.  Ithaca is so, so lovely.  We have everything we want in the residence - the 20 French servants see to that.  So there's never a need to actually go out and meet those awful people and eat the simply unspeakable food.  And if we should tire of Ithaca there are always our other 8 residences on Paxos, Lefkada, two on Kefalonia and... oh, drat I forget where the others are. 

;)

Tony