The Agora > Brexit

Post-Brexit on Kefalonia

(1/2) > >>

SandyBay:
Does anyone have any clarity on the status of expats on Kefalonia post-Brexit...?

Just asking because no one in Westminster or Brussels has any kind of clarity of thought....... then again, have they ever?

Sandy

Jolly Roger:

--- Quote from: SandyBay on Tuesday, 02 May, 2017 @ 11:55:54 ---Does anyone have any clarity on the status of expats on Kefalonia post-Brexit...?

Just asking because no one in Westminster or Brussels has any kind of clarity of thought....... then again, have they ever?

Sandy

--- End quote ---

You will need a crystal ball for this answer. However, I think there is every possibility that reciprocal arrangements will be kept in place.

SandyBay:
Hi Roger, thanks for that..... I just checked the Crystal Ball.... it is kinda foggy, can't see much. 

Oh, wait a minute.... there in the fog I see Theresa and Jean-Claude, they seem to be having a little cuddle.  Now wouldn't it be nice if they could just kiss and make up...?

These people have no concept of reality.  It's peoples lives that they are dealing with, not pieces of paper.... :rant:

Sandy

Maik:

--- Quote ---More than three million EU nationals living in the UK will be given the right to stay permanently after Brexit and treated like British citizens, Theresa May told European leaders last night.

However she said it is “vital” that any deal will have to be “reciprocal” and based on the European Union granting the one million British citizens who live in the Europe the same rights.
--- End quote ---
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/22/brexit-deal-3-million-eu-citizens-allowed-stay-uk-permanently/

Still early days...

Jolly Roger:

--- Quote from: Maik on Friday, 23 June, 2017 @ 14:48:13 ---
--- Quote ---More than three million EU nationals living in the UK will be given the right to stay permanently after Brexit and treated like British citizens, Theresa May told European leaders last night.

However she said it is “vital” that any deal will have to be “reciprocal” and based on the European Union granting the one million British citizens who live in the Europe the same rights.
--- End quote ---
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/22/brexit-deal-3-million-eu-citizens-allowed-stay-uk-permanently/

Still early days...

--- End quote ---

This was one of Brexit's simple items to resolve, to adopt the existing reciprocal arrangement. Already there are mutterings from other countries. It strikes me that the negotiations will go nowhere and the UK will have to walk away with no agreement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version