The Agora > Brexit

Pet passports



--- Quote ---Brexit: How has pet travel to EU countries been affected?

The rules on travelling with your pet to countries in the European Union changed a year ago, following the UK's departure from the EU.

Before Brexit, people were able to use an EU pet passport for their furry friends but from 1 January 2021, they've had to get an Animal Health Certificate (AHC) instead.

Days before the rule change came into force, the Royal Veterinary College (RVC) quoted £94 for the certificate.

But we've heard from owners who have been asked to pay significantly more (with vets charging as much as £300) and some have encountered travel problems with their pets under the new system.
--- End quote ---


[0] Message Index

Go to full version