Author Topic: 17/05/21  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
17/05/21
« on: Monday, 17 May, 2021 @ 02:54:50 »
No new coronavirus cases on Kefalonia announced yesterday by EODY.

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 17/05/21
« Reply #1 on: Monday, 17 May, 2021 @ 02:56:32 »
Fake Covid vaccine and test certificate market is growing, researchers say
More than 1,200 vendors operating in the UK and worldwide, offering false documents for as little as £25

A hidden pandemic market advertising fake vaccine and test certificates for as little as £25 has grown exponentially, with more than 1,200 vendors in the UK and worldwide, researchers have found.

After UK ministers announced the return of overseas holidays – with travellers required to show proof of negative tests, and vaccine passports on the horizon – the Guardian has also learned that anti-vaxxers and people arriving in Britain from poorer nations make up a significant number of those buying forged pandemic paraphernalia.

Last month MPs were told that more than 100 people a day are trying to enter the UK using fake Covid test certificates as individuals attempt to get around current entry requirements, which include tests before and after travel and can cost individuals hundreds of pounds.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/16/fake-covid-vaccine-and-test-certificate-market-is-growing-researchers-say

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Monday, 17 May, 2021 @ 08:48:47 »
I won't add a picture to show what I'm about to describe, for reasons that will become obvious.

The NHS App has been displaying my Covid vaccination details under the section Health Record, Medicines, Acute Medicines, since I had the first jab in February.

My expectation was the App would gain a barcode or QR code linked to that existing data, for use at borders, airlines

Last week the App's Home screen gained a "Check your Covid vaccination record"

When selected, the dates, brand and batch number details are all diplayed on a new screen

I imagine it's this screen you're expected to proffer to any interested third party, border staff, airline staff, etc
But the screen is devoid of any personal information whatsover.
Anyone could display someone else's screenshot, and it would appear to be the real app!!

If you have the app, give it a try. See what I mean.

Offline janey

• Participant
« Reply #3 on: Monday, 17 May, 2021 @ 12:44:57 »
We said exactly the same, name details etc.. should be on the top of the vaccination details screen.

Offline Yarb

• Participant
« Reply #4 on: Monday, 17 May, 2021 @ 13:01:42 »
I would think (hope) that anyone asking for proof would want to see the Home Screen first and the move to the vaccination screen from there or visa vesa

Offline suej

• Bronze Medalist
« Reply #5 on: Monday, 17 May, 2021 @ 14:13:46 »
you can ring 119 and they will arrange a paper copy sent out. theres that much on my phone I panick if it doesnt appear. will take me ages to show that app then QR CODE LIKE LAST YEAR, and Malc doesnt do apps at all.

Offline Yarb

• Participant
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, 18 May, 2021 @ 11:15:44 »
The app now shows  your name DoB, QR code, downloadable PDF link and a link to email it is only valid until 20th June so will probably be updated when other restrictions are changed on the 21st June