Author Topic: Easyjet waives flight change fees for all new and existing bookings  (Read 3087 times)

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
Easyjet waives flight change fees for all new and existing bookings
« on: Friday, 13 March, 2020 @ 20:02:25 »

Easyjet has announced that flight change fees on all existing and new flight bookings will be waived until further notice due to the coronavirus pandemic.

It emailed passengers Thursday evening to say:

“We understand there is uncertainty around travel at this time, so if you currently have a booking with us but would prefer not to fly then from [March 13], you can now change your flight online and we will waive the flight change fee.

“This applies to all existing and new bookings until further notice. Should there be a difference in fare you’ll need to pay this – however by waiving the change fee, we want to ensure you have more flexibility to amend your travel plans.

“Where we’ve been required to cancel flights, customers will be able to transfer to an alternative flight free of charge or receive a refund. And where all flights have had to be cancelled due to local authority guidance – in Italy, for example – we are operating rescue flights to ensure passengers can return home.”

Passengers wanting to change their ticket should go to Manage Bookings on easyjet.com.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2020/03/13/coronavirus-easyjet-waives-change-fees-for-new-and-existing-bookings/

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
Re: Easyjet waives flight change fees for all new and existing bookings
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 13 March, 2020 @ 20:42:49 »
Better than it could have been...I guess

However, having got a £50 out/£60 back deal, might the Admin charge have been less than the Difference fee?

In any case, I've been advised to be prepared to avoid public contact until Christmas, so not very useful for me. 😬