Author Topic: 13/03/14  (Read 5332 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
13/03/14
« on: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 01:55:52 »
Greece a top tourist destination for Swedes in 2014

The Greek tourist sector is up for a great performance this year, according to Swedish magazine TRAVEL NEWS which published on its website an article entitled “Greece – The winner of this year’s summer.” According to the article, Greece ranks first in charter flights based on the sales of Ticket office.

Apart from sports, Greece is also considered as one of the most romantic places in the world. The electronic version of ALLAS magazine presents a recent survey (February 2014) conducted by Thomas Cook Group in 5 countries, Sweden, England, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. According to the survey, Greece ranks third among the 10 most romantic destinations, right after the Maldives and the Caribbean.
http://www.amna.gr/english/category.php?id=7

Greek Tourism Minister Olga Kefalogianni will depart on Wednesday, 12 March, for Oslo to promote Greece and woo visitors from Norway and the wider Scandinavian market.

During her official visit to Norway’s capital, Mrs. Kefalogianni will hold meetings with senior executives of major travel organizations to promote Greece to Scandinavian countries, which is considered a dynamic market with high income level tourists.

The main aim of the Greek tourism minister is to extend the tourist season in Greece.

Mrs. Kefalogianni will also meet with Norway’s Health Minister Bent Hoie to discuss issues concerning medical tourism, a form of tourism that is growing in Greece.
http://news.gtp.gr/2014/03/12/greece-tap-scandinavian-market/

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 13/03/14
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 02:08:55 »

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 11:33:51 »
The government is looking at ways to ensure 'fairer' driving tests involving 'electronic systems'. No mention what the electronic systems are or how it will work.

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 11:34:17 »
An interesting initiative has been launched in Komotini to help the victims of the earthquake in Cephalonia.

Both the Holy Bishopric of Maroneia and Komotini and the muftiate of Komotini, along with the Muslim Asset Management Committee, held a fundraiser to show their solidarity with the victims of the recent earthquake in Cephalonia, Greece.
http://greece.greekreporter.com/2014/03/12/christians-and-muslims-unite-for-cephalonia/

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 11:41:41 »
Cats of war: Animals suspected by British of spying on WW1 trenches
First World War British intelligence officers on the Western Front suspected two cats and a dog of spying for the Germans

It is a plot which could have come straight from the First World War comedy series Blackadder Goes Forth.

As the stalemate on the Western Front continued, intelligence officers identified three suspicious characters seen loitering close to the British positions. Orders go out to have the individuals detained and investigated.

But these were not undercover German agents or even fifth columnists, but two cats and a dog. And the story is not fiction, but a real life incident which has been revealed in a series of official army documents from the conflict, which the National Archives have published online today.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-one/10692910/Cats-of-war-Animals-suspected-by-British-of-spying-on-WW1-trenches.html

Nearly 4,000 first world war diaries made available online
First-hand accounts of trench warfare, gas attacks and horseback battles digitised by National Archive and Imperial War Museum

The diaries are available online via the National Archives' first world war 100 portal.
« Last Edit: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 11:45:38 by Maik »

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 11:43:02 »
Stavros Theodorakis's 'river' party aims to get Greek politics flowing in the right direction
With only two months until the European elections, Potami is already polling 6%, due to its rejection of traditional party politics
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/13/stavros-theodorakis-river-greek-potami-european-elections

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 14:17:06 »
Simple math test:

It's a lovely day, the sky is clear, the sun is shining, it's nice and warm. So there are six flies winging their way around your room. One by one you swat them until all six are dead.

How many flies are left?

Yes, six.

Don't ask me how it works but it's like living in a computer game:
you kill one of the baddies and instantly another is generated to replace it :rant:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 14:26:28 »
Greek pharmacists call fresh strike on Friday, Monday
http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite1_1_11/03/2014_538077

Latest I've heard, pharmacies will be shut on Saturday, too.

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 16:36:29 »
Simple math test:

It's a lovely day, the sky is clear, the sun is shining, it's nice and warm. So there are six flies winging their way around your room. One by one you swat them until all six are dead.

How many flies are left?

Yes, six.

Don't ask me how it works but it's like living in a computer game:
you kill one of the baddies and instantly another is generated to replace it :rant:

So do you really care about the flies????!!!!!  :iroll:

Tony

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 19:47:26 »
I was wondering that this afternoon, Tony.

As I was dangling my toes in the sea while laying on the little wooden jetty at AntiSamos...

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, 13 March, 2014 @ 19:54:09 »
B*stard!

Tony

Offline Maarm

• Forum Hero
« Reply #11 on: Friday, 14 March, 2014 @ 14:49:34 »
I totally agree with Tony.  :rant:

Although weather is loverly here at the mo.

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #12 on: Friday, 14 March, 2014 @ 17:49:51 »
Blimey, if I say Kef is anything less than perfect some folk get upset and if I say I was sunbathing in March on a deserted beach some folk get a bit stroppy with me!!  :dunno:

So, fer you lucky lot in the UK:

UK weather: Dust off the BBQs as today's sunshine to continue into weekend

The unseasonable warmth is looking like it could be a precursor to some very hot weather across the UK in a few months time - scientists have predicted that this summer will be the hottest on record.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-weather-dust-off-the-bbqs-as-todays-sunshine-to-continue-into-weekend-9192401.html

Keep cool, come to Kef  ;)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #13 on: Friday, 14 March, 2014 @ 17:59:35 »
Wm Morrison, Britain's No. 4 grocer, suffered a major theft of data from its staff payroll system, including bank account details, on the same day it issued a huge profit warning, it said on Friday.

Morrisons ensured the data was taken off the website and said it did not believe it had been the victim of an external cyber attack, implying the data was likely leaked by an employee.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/03/14/uk-morrisons-data-theft-idUKBREA2D0O020140314

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #14 on: Friday, 14 March, 2014 @ 20:14:34 »
Blimey, if I say Kef is anything less than perfect some folk get upset and if I say I was sunbathing in March on a deserted beach some folk get a bit stroppy with me!!  :dunno:

So, fer you lucky lot in the UK:

UK weather: Dust off the BBQs as today's sunshine to continue into weekend

The unseasonable warmth is looking like it could be a precursor to some very hot weather across the UK in a few months time - scientists have predicted that this summer will be the hottest on record.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-weather-dust-off-the-bbqs-as-todays-sunshine-to-continue-into-weekend-9192401.html

Keep cool, come to Kef  ;)

Don't mind the bad stuff about Kef, but reckon I can spot gloating. :bat:

Actually it's been foggy here all day yesterday and today and bloody nippy.  You'd better be right about tomorrow in the UK or else!!  :bat: :bat: :bat: :rofl:

Tony

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #15 on: Friday, 14 March, 2014 @ 20:25:45 »

Let's be honest... thanks to the troika, apart from the weather we don't have much we can gloat about

...apart from the news that loads of krauts are being done for tax evasion   :yiamas:

Offline jeanskala

• Forum Hero
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, 15 March, 2014 @ 02:42:15 »
I was wondering that this afternoon, Tony.

As I was dangling my toes in the sea while laying on the little wooden jetty at AntiSamos...

Regardless of the following posts, were you in the passenger seat, allowing Mary the driving practice she needs...?

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, 15 March, 2014 @ 08:45:08 »
were you in the passenger seat

Good gracious no, Jean.

I'd bailed out as she was driving across the beach. 

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, 15 March, 2014 @ 19:16:25 »

Let's be honest... thanks to the troika, apart from the weather we don't have much we can gloat about

...apart from the news that loads of krauts are being done for tax evasion   :yiamas:

Very true.   :oki:
BTW weather in our neck of the woods - cloudy and coldish.   :rant:

Tony

Tony.

Offline jeanskala

• Forum Hero
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, 13 April, 2014 @ 23:31:37 »
Rain here this morning...