Author Topic: 28/06/20  (Read 2197 times)

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
28/06/20
« on: Sunday, 28 June, 2020 @ 02:40:25 »
Maritime Museum on the road between the Drogorati Cave and Sami will open on Saturday, 04 July, for the 2020 season. Times: 10:00-14:00 & 17:00-19:00

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 28/06/20
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 28 June, 2020 @ 02:47:03 »
Ionion Pelagos Ferries will be commencing the Pessada - Agios Nikolaos link for summer 2020 on 01 July, more info available later today on ionionpelagos.com/kef-zante

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 28 June, 2020 @ 12:30:11 »

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 28 June, 2020 @ 15:19:07 »
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Will Cover George Zapantis Funeral Expenses

His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros of America has directed the  Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America to cover the expenses of the late, 29-year-old, George Zapantis. Mr. Zapantis died last week of cardiac arrest induced by excessive force used by NYPD officers, who tasered him twice, responding to the home of Mr. Zapantis due to reports of a sword being wielded.
https://www.thenationalherald.com/various_slider/arthro/the_greek_orthodox_archdiocese_of_america_will_cover_george_zapantis_funeral_expenses-513596/

Offline Colleywobble

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 28 June, 2020 @ 15:43:29 »
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Will Cover George Zapantis Funeral Expenses

His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros of America has directed the  Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America to cover the expenses of the late, 29-year-old, George Zapantis. Mr. Zapantis died last week of cardiac arrest induced by excessive force used by NYPD officers, who tasered him twice, responding to the home of Mr. Zapantis due to reports of a sword being wielded.
https://www.thenationalherald.com/various_slider/arthro/the_greek_orthodox_archdiocese_of_america_will_cover_george_zapantis_funeral_expenses-513596/
Is this George Zapantis any relation to the George Zapantis who used to own the Starlight Hotel in Skala.I know he lived in New York .He did have a son who unfortunately died but I wondered if he had either another son or that this could be a Grandson.The Zapantis family  are one of the oldest families in Skala and my dear friend Kiki and her brother are part of the family.I,m quite shocked.!

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 28 June, 2020 @ 17:34:48 »
His dad was Elias Zapantis, who died around 1992, so George was very young at the time. I've noticed the villages and small towns tend to have a few dominant family names, you can pretty much identify where a person - or their forebears - came from (if you know which names... ). So at some time back in the past I'd reckon it's pretty likely this George Zapantis' family were related to the family of George Zapantis from Starlight, Kostas Zapantis of Asteris, etc.

Can be quite interesting to walk around village cemeteries and see the names and dates.

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, 28 June, 2020 @ 17:38:11 »
This summer expected to be hotter and wetter than average, scientist tells ANA

The recent spate of unsettled weather in Greece is the result of atmospheric instability that is normal at the start of summer and the autumn, while there is no evidence that conclusively points to climate change as the cause, Patras University professor of atmospheric physics Athanasios Argyriou claimed in statements to the Athens-Macedonian News Agency (ANA) published on Sunday. He also predicted a high chance that both temperatures and rainfall over the summer will be higher than the average for the period 1993-2016.
https://www.amna.gr/en/article/469538/This-summer-expected-to-be-hotter-and-wetter-than-average--scientist-tells-ANA

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity

Offline Colleywobble

• Forum Deity
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, 28 June, 2020 @ 18:28:11 »
His dad was Elias Zapantis, who died around 1992, so George was very young at the time. I've noticed the villages and small towns tend to have a few dominant family names, you can pretty much identify where a person - or their forebears - came from (if you know which names... ). So at some time back in the past I'd reckon it's pretty likely this George Zapantis' family were related to the family of George Zapantis from Starlight, Kostas Zapantis of Asteris, etc.

Can be quite interesting to walk around village cemeteries and see the names and dates.
Born in New York.From what I gather he was orphaned at an early age and devoted his life looking after his disabled sister. His Mother's family came from Poros. He himself had mental health problems I think. What a sad time we live in. The world seems to have got so much anger in it at the moment?

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, 28 June, 2020 @ 22:53:05 »
Bookings may be deceiving

Just a few days before July 1, when Greek borders are set to open further to tourists, air ticket and accommodation bookings remain anaemic.

Although all the signs – from visits to tour operator and hotel websites to aircraft slot bookings and from potential visitor opinion polls to phone calls to Greek hotels for information – point to increased interest in Greek destinations, July actually doesn’t seem that different to June: Very few bookings have been made and even then no deposits have been paid as tourism professionals are trying to woo more tourists.
https://www.ekathimerini.com/254163/article/ekathimerini/business/bookings-may-be-deceiving

Online Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, 28 June, 2020 @ 23:02:44 »
How to keep your pets cool and help them if they're suffering with hay fever

Pollen levels over the next few days will remain high during the warm, dry and sunny weather conditions which will be unpleasant for hay fever sufferers.

But did you know that your pets can suffer with hay fever too?
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-27/how-to-keep-your-pets-cool-and-help-them-if-theyre-suffering-with-hay-fever