Author Topic: 27/05/14  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
27/05/14
« on: Tuesday, 27 May, 2014 @ 16:51:09 »
A group of parents are planning to take legal action against the ban on term-time holidays and have already won the support of 200,000 other parents.
http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2011701

Offline Maarm

• Forum Hero
Re: 27/05/14
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 28 May, 2014 @ 10:58:58 »
Nooooooooo!  For all of us that enjoy a child free holiday this could be a disaster  :btd:

How about someone stopping the travel companies bumping the prices up for "peak" times?

Offline Aristarches

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 28 May, 2014 @ 13:54:23 »
Travel companies have already said that trying to even out prices will not work as they will run out of places during peak times because their prices are too low without guaranteeing being full during off peak times.

Besides which, why should I pay more for my holidays because other people have had kids they can't afford!!!

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 28 May, 2014 @ 16:19:25 »
Adults only, no kids hotels might become more popular, maybe also resorts with pebbly beaches  :dunno:

Offline expat

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, 28 May, 2014 @ 19:07:36 »
It should be compulsory for children to travel in the cargo hold, along with anyone who wears black socks with shorts.

Offline Maarm

• Forum Hero
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 29 May, 2014 @ 11:11:52 »
And I was worried about being controversial  :lol:

Offline pete.c

• Bronze Medalist
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, 29 May, 2014 @ 16:54:49 »
Easy to forget, it a lot of cases the parents here with their kids, came with their mums and dads when they were kids, and so it goes on. Kefalonia is the largest of the Ionian Islands, how many times have I heard that. So there is more than enough room to accommodate all. My kids arrive in a couple of weeks so watch out.  :yiamas:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, 29 May, 2014 @ 17:00:53 »
No offence intended to those who think we mustn't say anything negative about Greeks but... Greek kids are just as noisy as other kids, if not more so. They will come in high summer.

(well, we hope they do... no kids means no parents means no income).

Just can't see that levelling out the prices will work, just put people off coming early and late season. JMO.

Offline Aristarches

• Forum Deity
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, 29 May, 2014 @ 18:29:16 »
Heaven forefend that I be controversial but there is a very big beach called the Sahara Desert and all children, by which I mean anyone below the age of 18,  should be incarcerated in a specially built camp (with a sign saying "Arbeit Macht Frei" over the entrance) and left there until they can prove:

1. that they have a brain

2. that they understand what the word "courtesy" and have learned their manners . 

3. that they have learned to respect their elders

Otherwise, leave them their to rot with their smart phones (total misnomer), ipads, ipods, Xboxes and whatever else they use instead of thinking.

IMHO, of course.

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, 29 May, 2014 @ 19:02:05 »
No offence intended to those who think we mustn't say anything negative about Greeks but... Greek kids are just as noisy as other kids, if not more so.

They're just kids.  Annoying at the "quiet" swimming pool we go to but otherwise OK.  I'm sure I was no different in Worthing Lido (or indeed the beach) at that age. 

Is it me or are Greek kids better behaved in tavernas - not meaning they are perfect angels but join in more with what's going on round the table for quite a bit of the time.  On Katelios front the beach is about 3 feet away so many go and play after a while - not surprisingly.  There also used to be swings etc and a bench for the black clad grandmothers keeping an eye on the tinies.  I always wondered why the the play equipment was taken down.

Tony

Offline expat

• Forum Deity
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, 29 May, 2014 @ 19:08:42 »
Otherwise, leave them their to rot with their smart phones (total misnomer), ipads, ipods, Xboxes and whatever else they use instead of thinking.
I bought my wife an i ron, she was not amused, no pleasing some folks.