Author Topic: 16/02/14  (Read 1415 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Maik

  • Administrator
  • Forum Deity
  • *****
  • Posts: 27883
16/02/14
« on: Sunday, 16 February, 2014 @ 14:45:43 »
Quote
Russian satellite Kosmos-1220 to crash to Earth today with ‘very real danger’ to populated areas
Experts warn it is impossible to say where the former Soviet military hardware will end its descent

The last high-profile satellite re-entry was when the European Space Agency’s GOCE unit – dubbed the “space Ferrari” because of its sleek and compact design – came down without damage to property in November last year.

The probability of debris from Kosmos-1220 coming down on land is higher, but it is still statistically unlikely anyone will be harmed.

Heiner Klinkrad, head of the ESA’s Space Debris Office, said at the time of GOCE’s descent: “In the 56 years of spaceflight, some 15,000 tonnes of man-made space objects have re-entered the atmosphere without causing a single human injury to date.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/russian-satellite-kosmos1220-to-crash-to-earth-today-with-very-real-danger-to-populated-areas-9131743.html

Offline Maik

  • Administrator
  • Forum Deity
  • *****
  • Posts: 27883
Re: 16/02/14
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 16 February, 2014 @ 14:49:31 »
Quote
Quote
Unstable living arrangement? Horse moves into house to shelter from storms, refuses to leave

A horse that was moved into his owner’s house to take shelter from the winter storms in Germany won’t stop coming back.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/unstable-living-arrangement-horse-moves-into-house-to-shelter-from-storms-refuses-to-leave-9131812.html



Offline Maik

  • Administrator
  • Forum Deity
  • *****
  • Posts: 27883
Re: 16/02/14
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 16 February, 2014 @ 14:53:05 »
Quote
Woman badly burned by exploding toilet when she turned on bathroom light and the spark ignited a methane build-up beneath her
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2559777/Woman-badly-burned-exploding-toilet-turned-bathroom-light-spark-ignited-methane-build-beneath-her.html

Offline disco69

  • Gold Medalist
  • *****
  • Posts: 123
Re: 16/02/14
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 16 February, 2014 @ 16:10:55 »
Quote
Woman badly burned by exploding toilet when she turned on bathroom light and the spark ignited a methane build-up beneath her
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2559777/Woman-badly-burned-exploding-toilet-turned-bathroom-light-spark-ignited-methane-build-beneath-her.html

Now that's what i call being "In the hot seat"  :hmm:

Offline Maik

  • Administrator
  • Forum Deity
  • *****
  • Posts: 27883
Re: 16/02/14
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 16 February, 2014 @ 16:33:35 »
Poor woman probably shat herself.


Looks like some container homes have just rolled off the Poros ferry, heading off along the Argostoli road.