Author Topic: Cephalonia Palace Hotel  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Cephalonia Palace Hotel
« on: Saturday, 26 November, 2022 @ 18:00:59 »
Mum and daughter treated for kidney disease after ‘disaster’ resort stay

A mother and daughter claim they got kidney disease after a ‘disaster’ stay at a resort in Greece.

Tara Dawson, 54, and June Dawson, 76, visited the Cephalionia Palace Hotel on Kefalonia, an island in the Ionian Sea.

They’ve celebrated various special occasions at the stunning holiday destination over the last 20 years.

However, after returning after the Covid pandemic, they were met with a very different resort.

Tara, from London, claims they were served not only ‘dirty’ water but also ‘raw’ food at the hotel restaurant.

Medical documents seen by Metro.co.uk show both June and Tara were diagnosed with stage three kidney disease upon their return to the UK.

Tara told Metro.co.uk: ‘We are not fussy people and don’t complain, but this was just terrible. They could have killed my mother.

‘We were treated like dogs, it was horrendous.

‘Others need to know before they go. We’ve been going to the same resort for 20 years and love it. But for this year, they hadn’t told us it had been sold and put up for demolition.

‘And I just don’t think they care what happens to it now.'

When contacted, TUI told Metro.co.uk that work was underway to find out more about the mother and daughter’s experience.

A spokesperson said: ‘We are concerned and sorry to hear about June and Tara Dawson’s experience, and we are investigating the issues raised with the hotel. 

‘We’d like to reassure customers that instances like this are extremely rare.’
https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/26/greece-resort-dirty-water-could-have-killed-my-mother-17826551/
« Last Edit: Saturday, 26 November, 2022 @ 18:04:10 by Maik »