Author Topic: Paying your electricity bill at the post office  (Read 2777 times)

Offline HiFi

• Forum Deity
Paying your electricity bill at the post office
« on: Wednesday, 25 July, 2018 @ 17:14:35 »
Be aware that the post office are currently taking 2 months to transfer the payment you make to them on to the electricity board (verified).
This means that your subsequent bill can be published & posted prior to DEH receiving the previous payment. This produces an inflated bill of course.
DEH will rectify this if you go in but will ask you not to pay at the post office. They recommend the banks.
In consequence DEH have now re-opened their till in the Argostoli office back to 5 days per week, not just Mondays.
However, cash is only accepted on a Monday. Greek debit cards are accepted all 5 days.

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: Paying your electricity bill at the post office
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 26 July, 2018 @ 02:55:59 »
 :oki: It's almost funny

Offline Jolly Roger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 26 July, 2018 @ 08:11:08 »

The Post Office is in disarray! We have no post delivered any more, because our postman could not carry on with the dismal wage he was getting. We have to go to Poros Post Office (when it is open) and then try to sort through piles of mail not yet delivered!

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 26 July, 2018 @ 11:31:07 »
We have to go to Poros Post Office (when it is open) and then try to sort through piles of mail not yet delivered!
Hi Roger. Does this problem affect mail to any address in Eleios-Pronnoi, or other municipalities too?

I have snail mail currently winging it's way through the system. Are people receiving it eventually, or is there a log jam from a specific date?

If it's just your municipality, scope for an enterprising bod to set up a forwarding/collection address in a neighbouring municipality?

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 26 July, 2018 @ 13:30:24 »

The Post Office is in disarray! We have no post delivered any more, because our postman could not carry on with the dismal wage he was getting. We have to go to Poros Post Office (when it is open) and then try to sort through piles of mail not yet delivered!

Bloody 'ell Roger.  That's diabolical!   :btd:

Tony

Offline kef97

• Bronze Medalist
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 26 July, 2018 @ 18:05:22 »
RE POST DELIVERY....
We live in Ratzakli & haven't had any post delivered since May, apart from our Electric bill in June & our Car Insurance renewal which was posted 8th May in Athens & delivered here on 20th July...luckily we'd already paid it!

Offline HiFi

• Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Friday, 27 July, 2018 @ 06:26:59 »
We're in Livathos and to date our post & postman are just great......

Offline Jolly Roger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #7 on: Friday, 27 July, 2018 @ 07:47:35 »
We have to go to Poros Post Office (when it is open) and then try to sort through piles of mail not yet delivered!
Hi Roger. Does this problem affect mail to any address in Eleios-Pronnoi, or other municipalities too?

I have snail mail currently winging it's way through the system. Are people receiving it eventually, or is there a log jam from a specific date?

If it's just your municipality, scope for an enterprising bod to set up a forwarding/collection address in a neighbouring municipality?

Just in Elieos Pronnoi Tony. If you have sent anything, it would be worth letting the recipients know, so that they can go to collect it. As far as I am aware, other municipalities are operating normally.

Offline Jolly Roger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, 29 July, 2018 @ 09:21:17 »
We have a new postman. I think he is having some difficulty tracking down where some people live, so it might still be worth going to the post Office if you are expecting anything and have not received it.

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, 29 July, 2018 @ 17:11:18 »
We have a new postman. I think he is having some difficulty tracking down where some people live, so it might still be worth going to the post Office if you are expecting anything and have not received it.
Bit of a coincidence - do ELTA read your posts here?!  ;)

Tony

Offline Jolly Roger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, 29 July, 2018 @ 18:06:27 »
Bit of a coincidence - do ELTA read your posts here?!  ;)

Tony

Haha, yes I am sure it promoted a response!