Author Topic: on line payment of water bills ?  (Read 4831 times)

Offline Karavados

• Participant
on line payment of water bills ?
« on: Friday, 08 October, 2021 @ 10:19:23 »
Hi,

Is it possible to pay water bills using the internet ?. I have to go to the Keramies every time, it would be great if it could be done on-line.

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
Re: on line payment of water bills ?
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 08 October, 2021 @ 12:01:50 »
You can pay it online but need the bill for the payment details on the bottom to pay online through your bank.

Offline Karavados

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 12 October, 2021 @ 15:37:36 »

Hi,
Thanks for your help.

I'm not clear on what details I need to look for on my paper water bill in order to do it on line.

I guess / assume I need the following;-

the water company IBAN number ?
the name of their bank ?
my exact water account number ?

and ... as far as I understand .. There are different water companies for different islands / different parts of Greece ? So do I also need the exact name of the water company for my villas - Karavados ?

Could you please help a bit more about that ?

Again, many thanks

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, 13 October, 2021 @ 04:49:28 »
Rarely paid a water bill as it was included in the rent but the few times we paid for other folk we did so at the local bank / PO / KEPs, or we did so while in Argostoli. I think your Greek bank may well have a menu section for paying domestic bills such as water and electric, worth looking there - you should be able to see what info they require. If it's not clear just ask next time you go to pay in Keramies, or 'phone the DEYA Keramies branch office on 26710 68336.

Offline Jolly Roger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, 13 October, 2021 @ 08:48:08 »
We have no postman, so have had no bills for about 18 months. However, they will not cut off water, so we just pop into the Water Company office (ΔΕΥΑΚ) to pay, probably about every 6 months.

Offline BeeTee

• Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, 13 October, 2021 @ 13:00:52 »
Actually, forget what I said. Maik is steering you in the right direction by saying look in the payment sections of your Greek bank account.  I popped into the Keramies office this morning and the girl there said that on the bills now (if you ever get one) on the front top right hand corner is a unique payment number. It begins with RF followed by 23 numbers.  Using my bank, Alpha, as an example, go to payments option, then Payment Categories, tap on the Single Transaction Payment option at the bottom, and enter the payment number here where the RF is already entered. This takes you to the correct DEYA KEFALONIAS screen to select your account and enter bill payment. Haven’t tried it yet for real as don’t have a bill to pay and using the RF code might differ for other banks so  maybe someone can lets us know if they try. 
Hope this helps.   

Offline Karavados

• Participant
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 16 October, 2021 @ 10:34:02 »

Many thanks for this very helpful information.