Author Topic: 04/02/18  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
04/02/18
« on: Sunday, 04 February, 2018 @ 09:50:57 »
Egypt: Archaeologists discover priestess' 4,400-year-old tomb near pyramids outside Cairo

Egyptian archaeologists say they have discovered a 4,400-year-old tomb near the pyramids outside Cairo.

The Egyptian Antiquities Ministry announced the find on Saturday, saying the tomb was likely to have belonged to a high-ranking official known as Hetpet during the Fifth Dynasty of Egypt.

It includes wall paintings depicting Hetpet observing different hunting and fishing scenes.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/egypt-pyramid-giza-4400-tomb-hetpet-cairo-archeology-a8192926.html

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 04/02/18
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 04 February, 2018 @ 14:57:15 »
Exploding coconut 'sent fear' through crematorium staff
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-42920984

:blink:

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 04 February, 2018 @ 15:36:26 »
"...'I've had a biker whose family wanted him to wear his leathers. Obviously we couldn't do that'..."
Not obvious to me. If suits and dresses ok, what's so outrageous/dangerous about leather?

"...The funeral director said on one occasion she was even asked if an extra set of underwear could be placed with the deceased..."
Well, if the deceased suddenly woke in the furnace, an extra pair of pants could prove a useful starting point!

Offline Misty

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 04 February, 2018 @ 17:02:35 »
"...'I've had a biker whose family wanted him to wear his leathers. Obviously we couldn't do that'..."
Not obvious to me. If suits and dresses ok, what's so outrageous/dangerous about leather?

"...The funeral director said on one occasion she was even asked if an extra set of underwear could be placed with the deceased..."
Well, if the deceased suddenly woke in the furnace, an extra pair of pants could prove a useful starting point!

I'm guessing that'll be a pair of hot pants  :schtum: